Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file? >

what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

what quilts are in your I want to make soon/someday file?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:59 AM

I'll be happy just to make a few that are halfway decent because I'm not very good at sewing in the first place but I still love to do it and soldier on hoping to improve a little each time I make something.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:24 AM

Yes, Storm at Sea, French Braid, a logcabin using diamond shaped blocks (paperpieced mind you), Wedding Ring. That will hold me over for a few months I think.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:56 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Too many to even begin to name them off !LOL
Old 04-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Because of all you wonderful quilters and your beautiful quilts, my list gets longer every day! I have a paper-piece hex project I am working on, but it goes slow as it is all by hand and doesn't get worked on very often. It really needs to get done before I start anything new. But....I also want to do a Dear Jane, bloomin 9-patch, french braid and so many more!
Old 04-22-2015, 08:31 AM

The ones I really want to make are Hunters Star and a Bargello
Old 04-22-2015, 09:17 AM

I want to make a bedsize Cathedral Window(king). Years before I seriously began quilting I got a square and attempted to take apart. I was at the fabric store and asked a lady if she had ever made one. She said yes, years ago and never again. Maybe
Old 04-22-2015, 09:18 AM

What I want to do most is a block -- just a block -- of New York Beauty that doesn't call for paper piecing, but every pattern I see is PP'd. Back in the day when that was a "hot" block there was no paper piecing, quilters just did it, so I know the pattern exists, I just can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just did another I've been anxious to try, a small bargello wallhanging. I used leftover batik strips and a pattern my guild gave out for a monthly challenge, a bargello flag. The pattern was easy to understand and I'm really pleased with the result for a first time try. I enjoyed doing it and maybe I'll do the flag as well.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:21 AM

I have the pattern, and fabric to do a greek key quilt, and a raw edge applique of a covered bridge scenic quilt. Someday......
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
What I want to do most is a block -- just a block -- of New York Beauty that doesn't call for paper piecing, but every pattern I see is PP'd. Back in the day when that was a "hot" block there was no paper piecing, quilters just did it, so I know the pattern exists, I just can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just did another I've been anxious to try, a small bargello wallhanging. I used leftover batik strips and a pattern my guild gave out for a monthly challenge, a bargello flag. The pattern was easy to understand and I'm really pleased with the result for a first time try. I enjoyed doing it and maybe I'll do the flag as well.
For your new york beauty, just get one of the paper piece patterns, then cut it apart and add seam allowances, then cut and sew them together?
Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 PM

ShelleyP, your quilts are wonderful, but I am swooning over the Storm at Sea! It's fantastic!

Leslie