New Singer 99

Old 04-26-2015, 03:42 AM

My question is where do you buy triflow? I just bought a 99-31 that I want to oil before starting. I need a spool pin too and do not know where to get one.Thanks. Sorry for adding to the wrong link if I did.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
Thank you everyone for your responses. Couldn't see to read your responses, had my eyes dilated. But I can see perfect now, and appreciate all your reply's. I do believe I will do it myself. I did download the manual so I know exactly where to give this baby a shot of oil. And When I do I plan on taking my time and really making her whirl.
KL
Be careful all of the guys are if you clean this machine yourself you are going to find yourself looking for your next one before your even done. Have fun and do your own.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ritasrelics View Post
My question is where do you buy triflow? I just bought a 99-31 that I want to oil before starting. I need a spool pin too and do not know where to get one.Thanks. Sorry for adding to the wrong link if I did.
I think bicycle shops may carry it - I bought mine on Amazon.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:13 AM

Lessons about "Triflow" learned the hard way. And as a few other people have frequently said, "Ask me how I know".
The Triflow website has dozens and dozens (okay, so hundreds) of "Triflow" dealers listed. Supposedly if you put in your address they'll list the ones closest to you.
I decided to coordinate a couple of business trips to be in the vicinity of a couple of those "sellers".
All four of the ones that were "on my route" were no longer in business and the people running the shop next door told me they had been in that location for over a year and didn't know there had ever been a bicycle shop at that location.
Fast forward to a couple of weeks later, and an out of town business trip to Eastern Virginia. It only took me three other stops to recognize the "trend". Moral of a long and mostly futile trip was to call the shops before driving more than 100 yards to see if they are still in business.

The 12th place I called, and I'm not exagerating, had one small (2 oz) of the oil and said that's all they ever stocked of it. They didn't carry the grease at all.

As the old commercial used to say, "Let your fingers do the walking" is proving to be good advice.

I've advanced my travels to Saipan C.N.M.I. (No, not in search of Triflow products) and can't find much of anything here. Seems like this used to be a major garment manufacturing place. As in cheap labor but the companies could still legally mark things "Made in the USA". I had hoped to find a few industrial machines to be had at a reasonal price. So that hasn't worked out well for me in the least. Good thing the company I work for is funding my travel and the sewing machine searches have been after hours.

My 2 ounces of Triflow oil should last quite a while since I can't find any sewing machines to use it on. By the time I get this trip finished and get home there should be a half dozen machines that I can try it out on. Until then I've got this oil "burning a hole in my pocket".

Allen

Last edited by NewGuy; 04-27-2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:05 AM

I have let my fingers do the walking. I order the triflow products on line.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:25 AM

I ordered my tri flow on line also. I order a lot of stuff on line, fabric, books etc. Can't justify driving 1 1/2 hrs for everything I need.

read your manual and do what you can yourself. Enjoy your new to you machine.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:12 AM

Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - Sew-Classic - has both the Tri-Flow oil and grease. { http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/ }

I have found one of the bike shops here stock the oil, but I only found that out because they're next door to my LSMG.

Joe
Old 04-27-2015, 11:44 AM

I would look for tri foil oil at least in a sporting good stores that sell guns...wal Mart, bass pro, cabella's....it is very popular in gun circles...not so much the grease.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:16 PM

Like Joe, I ordered Tri-Flo from Sew Classic! Check out their website: Sew_Classic.com!

Jeanette