Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- July 31-Aug 2, 2015 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- July 31-Aug 2, 2015

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- July 31-Aug 2, 2015

Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM

It's great to see what others are working on - all wonderful projects!

Finished the binding on this little quilt last night - so glad to have it done. It will probably get donated somewhere. My hubby thought the backing fabric was a little crazy. I liked it because it kind of camouflaged my attempt at free motion quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526597[/ATTACH]

Have to run a few errands, and then I will be back to sandwich a quilt and hopefully get started on the quilting. Happy sewing, everyone!
Attached Thumbnails pinktwister.jpg  
Old 08-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Wow... what beautiful rows, Macybaby! It's going to be a wonderful quilt. Hope I see it when you post it all finished.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kele View Post
It's great to see what others are working on - all wonderful projects!

Finished the binding on this little quilt last night - so glad to have it done. It will probably get donated somewhere. My hubby thought the backing fabric was a little crazy. I liked it because it kind of camouflaged my attempt at free motion quilting.
I love that little quilt... and the backing too! It's perfect.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:11 AM

Every one is doing great, Sewbizgirl - love the colors in the quilt, what does the original fabric look like? Kele - love the paisley for the back great camouflage.

I'm a little behind with the quilting but have gotten the cleaning done and have the shopping out of the way for the weekend. I did get two bottle snuggie's done today, for our wine making bottles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]526608[/ATTACH]
They help keep the young wine a constant temp and out of the light until it goes into bottles. We currently have 3 gallons cooking so to speak in the basement. I could not find my notes from the last time I made them so had to re-create the pattern on the fly. Now on to the lap quilts!!!
Attached Thumbnails dsci3715.jpg  
Old 08-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Every one is doing great, Sewbizgirl - love the colors in the quilt, what does the original fabric look like?
LOL... everyone asks that! I don't have any of the original fabric anymore. I used up every bit! Wish I could show you. It's at JoAnn's, a tropical with lots of greenery and birds, if that helps...
Old 08-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That's a beautiful Christmas quilt, Krista. I love the stars and snowflakes that surround it. Glad you got it done. I was joking with some knitting friends last night (about our knitting projects) and we decided "friends don't let friends have UFOs...", LOL.

The flapper dress... is that for a costume party or a part in a play? Good job on that.
Thanks! The dress is for a costume party/dance in 2 weeks.
If my friends didn't let me have UFOs, whatever would I do with all my quilting time? Sometimes I think friends are the biggest UFO enablers - "Oh look, you just have to make this. Don't worry about the quilt you were in the middle of ..."
Old 08-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Default Shakespeare's Leaves

Checking in .. Having been working on lay out think this is my choice
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 08-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
Checking in .. Having been working on lay out think this is my choice
I like the layout you have chosen! It's going to be gorgeous!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:34 PM

Somehow I missed this post yesterday.

I bought a brand new Accuquilt Go with a mix and match starter set from Craigslist so I have been watching videos to learn about tips in using it. I'm amazed at how many scraps I got cut in a little bit of time. Of course, now I will need to find patterns that use the sizes/shapes in the set but at least some scraps are being cut! I'm also in the process of rearranging some things in my sewing area so the Accuquilt machine can have a dedicated space. I moved some tubs and was amazed how many pieces of material snuck down to the floor between the tubs and a cart. lol!

I finished my last HST challenge block and am waiting to see the suggestions for finishing it. I am also sewing the rows together on a baby quilt. I am using 4 inch patches as my leader/Enders.

Thanks for sharing pictures.

Connie

P.S. I was looking forward to a quiet day because I was home by myself. But that didn't happen because my backyard neighbor was having the siding torn off the house and a neighbor across my side yard street has a bobcat working in their yard. So much for windows open and quiet!

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 08-01-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Thanks! The dress is for a costume party/dance in 2 weeks.
If my friends didn't let me have UFOs, whatever would I do with all my quilting time? Sometimes I think friends are the biggest UFO enablers - "Oh look, you just have to make this. Don't worry about the quilt you were in the middle of ..."
Yeah, friends can be real enablers... My knitting friends and I were discussing how to help each other pick those UFOs back up: "So (name), how's that storm at sea quilt coming along?" LOL.