Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
AQS Grand Rapids, Mi  Anyone else going? >

AQS Grand Rapids, Mi Anyone else going?

AQS Grand Rapids, Mi Anyone else going?

Old 08-09-2015, 09:58 AM

Default AQS Grand Rapids, Mi Anyone else going?

Meee! I live in Muskegon, MI and I'm going. This show has wonderful quilts and lots of vendors. I just have to keep reminding myself to look at the quilts and not touch them. Am I the only one who just has this need to touch those quilts? Maybe it is my inner toddler coming out?
Old 08-10-2015, 04:53 AM

taking a bus trip with the girls from Hale Country Quilters...have gone and stayed 3 days but decided 6 hours was plenty LOL I'll save alot of money
Old 08-10-2015, 05:23 AM

I'm over by Flint, several of my sewing pals are going...........not sure if I'll be with them or not. It's the same time as Back to the Bricks...........calla

LindaR.........15 years ago I did a quilting retreat at a church, Luthern camp I believe in Hale. It was so much fun well not the sleeping beds. One needed to be a teen. The meals were so tasty, and it was so much fun. I wondered if the camp was still there. calla

Last edited by calla; 08-10-2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 PM

I lived in the GR area for 40 yrs & all my family is there. Wanted to go this yr but my niece is getting married in Oct. so that will be my trip this year. Couldn't justify to myself 2 trips in 3 months to myself so maybe next year.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by calla View Post
I'm over by Flint, several of my sewing pals are going...........not sure if I'll be with them or not. It's the same time as Back to the Bricks...........calla

LindaR.........15 years ago I did a quilting retreat at a church, Luthern camp I believe in Hale. It was so much fun well not the sleeping beds. One needed to be a teen. The meals were so tasty, and it was so much fun. I wondered if the camp was still there. calla
I may have been there when you were there LOL....was it an interneet group???? I went for a few years with them and the beds were the pits...used plywood underneath so we didn't sink to the floor LOL
Old 08-11-2015, 04:59 PM

LindaR, it was an Internet group. Called Kathykwilts I think. Somebody called Sinshine took it over the next year I think and they were to meet in Grayling.
I am not going to GR this year, I am mired down in R by R, UFO's, books and pay yearns. I know I would cave and increase my mess.......have fun.......calla
Old 08-11-2015, 05:43 PM

I live in Indiana and I will be going up on Thursday for the day. I love that show and try to make it every year.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:46 PM

I would love to go but that traffic in GR bothers me so much anymore. I went down there to the oral surgeon today & what a mess it was as far as the traffic goes.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by calla View Post
LindaR, it was an Internet group. Called Kathykwilts I think. Somebody called Sinshine took it over the next year I think and they were to meet in Grayling.
I am not going to GR this year, I am mired down in R by R, UFO's, books and pay yearns. I know I would cave and increase my mess.......have fun.......calla
yuppers that was the one....Sunny lives in Gladwin and started having retreats there at the "The Springs"...she was charging enough to cover her stay so I quit going with that group....