Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
another quilt store closed >

another quilt store closed

another quilt store closed

Old 08-16-2015, 02:52 PM

Default another quilt store closed

For everyone who loved the Quilting Sisters shop in Payson AZ, they have closed! Stopped there yesterday and found out that 2 months ago they closed the store.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:59 PM

I hate hearing of any LQS closing. It's hard with online shopping. Thats how I found out mine closed. Stopped by and they were gone
Old 08-16-2015, 04:41 PM

I love the mom & pop quilting shoppes. It makes me sad to hear that another shop is closing.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:10 PM

very sad , love smaller quilt shops .
Old 08-17-2015, 02:34 AM

Besides prices are getting so out of sort who can afford to make quilts etc. I like making them and donating but.....There is only so much one can do.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:59 AM

There are many reasons that a quilt shop closes. A few have closed after 15-30 YEARS of success. The owners were ready to retire. To speculate why a shop closes is not helpful unless one has inside info.

Sandy
Old 08-17-2015, 03:04 AM

I just received an email yesterday from one of my LQS in Bath, Maine where she is closing her shop this Fall after 13 years and will be only selling online. I am happy for her that she wants to spend more time with her family and wish her all the best in her online business... but most of us love the experience of shopping where you can touch and see the fabrics in person and if you need a gadget or tool or thread of a certain color... many of us would drive 20 minutes to pick it up rather than wait 3 days to receive it in the mail. (sigh)

I also have rented their APQS long arm machine for my larger quilts over the past couple of years so now I will have to think more seriously about purchasing my own. I will miss their friendly faces and helpfulness but can understand what a difficult decision it was for the shop owner.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:28 AM
Power Poster

Yes, a quilt store I worked with closed last December for retirement. That quilt shop had been around for over 30 years. Some of us ARE getting old.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:41 AM

So sad when a LQS closes, whether it be retirement, health reasons or financial. I remember a few yrs ago, there were 3 that closed around me.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:11 AM
Power Poster

One of my favorite LQS is about an hour away. The owner wants to retire but can't find anyone to take over the business. She will probably close the doors this next year.