Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gone to Texas (New Book) >

Gone to Texas (New Book)

Gone to Texas (New Book)

Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 AM

Gone To Texas. Quilts from a pioneer womans journal byBetsy Chutchian.

http://lonestarhouseofquilts.com/

Lizzie Carpenter is the authors Great Grandmother and she had written journals durning her life to include everyday happenings such as chores, quilt making and such. The book contains Quilts made by Lizzie durning her time as well as well as excerpts from the original journals. The patterns and quilts have been reproduced by Betsy due to her Great grandmother did not leave a pattern or names of the blocks

Colors of fabrics used as that time were Pink (w/ light background to another shade of pink), Indigo Blue, Yellow (light buttery color to chedder), Browns all shades from light to chocolate brown, Reds (turkey Red) Greens (blue to yellow green to acid color), very limited colors in black due to the dye not being very stable.

Betsy is coming to San Antonio on Friday November 14th and be at las Colchas. I believe you can get her book signed from them.

She is also coming to my Guild in New Braunfels on Saturday November 15th. I am taking a class from her and am really excited.
She is goiong to teach us how to make the 9 patch and Crossroads quilt. I am going to use plenty of my reproduction fabric. I have many of the fabrics she has used in this quilt. I have been collecting fabric for a long time unsure what I was going to use it for. Now I have an idea :D :D
Old 10-12-2009, 08:48 AM

I now have an excuse for visiting my inlaws who live down there! The shop looks great! Good luck on your new project!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 AM

When yo come to Texas let me know. Maybe we can meet up!!!!!
Hurry and come :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 PM

If anyone wants to trade fat 8th's of Civil War or Reproduction fabric let me know. I need a variation to make my quilt look better. One of the quilts I want to make has over 1000 pieces. The more colors and patterns I can add the better. :D :D :D
Old 10-14-2009, 01:51 PM

The more I look at this book the more I like it. Still cutting fabric for my 1st quilt. So inspiring :!: :!: :D :D