Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2015 >

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Christmas ornament swap 2015

Old 10-06-2015, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Default Christmas ornament swap 2015

Christmas Ornament Swap 2015 is open for enrollment!!

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. It is time to have some fun. This will be the sixth Annual Christmas Ornament Swap. Here are the details and if you have any questions PM me.

Christmas/Holiday Ornament Swap Guidelines:

1. Sign up by October 24th 2015. I must have your sign up by the end of this day. No late entries please.

Mail to your partner on or before November 19, 2014. That is a hard date and must be met by everyone. Please make sure you have a tracking/confirmation number on your package. It just makes it easier to find in the event a package is delayed or lost in the mail.

2. The Ornament must be handmade. It doesn't *have* to be quilted. But, please make it something that you would like to receive.

3. Each participant can sign up for only one swap partner this year please. If all works out this year, maybe we will open it up to two ornament buddies next year. I am sorry if this causes any unhappiness. But, I am trying to be on the safe side.

4. This will be a direct person to person mailing. I will PM everyone your swap person's name that you will be sending to on October 25th and 26th. This will give me time to sort out names and draw them out. Then the ornament mail out begins anytime after the first of November.

5. This will be an international swap so if mailing internationally is a concern for you, please let me know at the time you sign up. The person mailing internationally should mail as early as possible so the swapper overseas can have their ornament along with us by the end of November or so.

6. If you would like to participate, please PM me the following information:

Screen name:
Complete Address:
phone number (for hostess use only)
Can you mail internationally?
I can be a ornament angel in case of non-performance by another member?

Any information that will make it easier for your partner to pick the correct types or colors of ornaments to make for you.

EXAMPLE. I have a small tree, blue color schemes, or perhaps I collect___.

7. Make sure that you enclose a note or card in your ornament mailing box to let the person know who you are! That way they can thank you and give you credit on the board when they post a picture.

8. Please read the guidelines for all swaps on the board at this link. It applies to this swap. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

9. Have Fun and let your creativity flow! This always is such a special swap. Please PM me is you have any questions. I will be happy to assist in any way I can.

10. This is a Secret, names drawn from the bowl randomly, swap and you will not necessarily be mailing to the same person you will receive from. But, it could happen.

11. Please PM me with your tracking/confirmation number information when you have sent your package.
Also, PM me once you receive a package. This is so important! I can keep track of everything going and coming. This will make it a little easier on me and keep us on track when the deadline arrives. Please be a kind swapper and help me out in this way, ok?

12. Please make sure you can make and send the ornament on time before committing to the swap. If somehow you have signed up and there is a problem that arises and you can not send to your partner, Let me know immediately by sending a pm here on the board! We don't want to disappoint someone do we?

Last, but not least, lets share pictures of our creations as we go. The other person does not know who is sending to them until they receive it, so it will be fun to see and share as we go along. OK?

Have fun and enjoy your Christmas ornament swap everyone.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-06-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:56 PM

If sign up close Oct.24th there's no way for you to have the names out by October 21st.
4. This will be a direct person to person mailing. I will PM you the person (people) that you are sending to by October 21st.

Just thought I would let you know.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

One more thing everyone. If you have any questions or concerns anytime during the swap, please feel free to contact me by pm here on the board. I would be happy to help any way I can.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

I had corrected it before you mentioned this Sandra. Thanks for the heads up, though. :~) It now should read the names will go out the 25th and 26th.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:55 PM

Count me in on this one PM is sent.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:06 PM

I would love to join, I have sent my PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:56 AM

I'm in for another year of fun!
Old 10-07-2015, 05:19 AM

Sent my pm last night, I'm in again.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

Got my PM sent too. This is one of the best swaps on the board. I'm so grateful Sandy took up the hostess job.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Thanks girls! I am honored to be your hostess this year. This board is a wonderful daily experience for me and so many of you have also helped with the diabetes auction and taught me so many quilting tips and tricks through the years. How can a gal resist returning kindness back to the board?

The sign up sheet for our Christmas Ornament Swap 2015 includes these Quilting Board members so far. I have decided to use the number beside your name as a reference help during the swap. If you refer to the number beside your name, as well as your name during pm's, that will be a big help to me if this swap gets as big as in past years. Not that I don't "know many of you from past swaps, it is just a tool I am trying out to help organize out swap. OK? Thanks so much!

1.) Dedemac
2.) pbladder
3.) Irene C
4.) Betty J
5.) Cindy 60545
6.) lawsonmugs

Let the fun begin!

If anyone is stuck for inspiration, there are tons of ornament images at pinterest and on google images in search. There are also lots of magazine and quilting sites that offer free patterns like allpeoplequilt.com, connecting threads. Don't forget your local craft and quilt stores! I am sure they have tons of crafty goodies to share this time of year.

If you run across an on-line site that has some, let us know by giving a link or a heads up. OK? Thanks so much!