Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cresendo walking foot >

Cresendo walking foot

Cresendo walking foot

Old 11-15-2015, 09:36 PM

Default Cresendo walking foot

Hi
I have the Babylock Cresendo. I'm not happy with the bulky walking foot that came with it. It won't hold a quilting bar either. Since Babylock won't allow shippng of their products, is there a Brother foot that will fit the Cresendo and be able to use the guide? I live on an island and it takes forever to bring things in, because she does bulk orders that come by ship.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

I am sorry to say, that I have a Bernina walking foot and that guide is just a piece of junk. There is nothing to lock it in place. Use some painters tape to help guide you. Much less frustrating.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lorie a View Post
Hi
I have the Babylock Cresendo. I'm not happy with the bulky walking foot that came with it. It won't hold a quilting bar either. Since Babylock won't allow shippng of their products, is there a Brother foot that will fit the Cresendo and be able to use the guide? I live on an island and it takes forever to bring things in, because she does bulk orders that come by ship.
I have the Cresendo and I love that walking foot! It is so accurate I piece with it. I also have the traditional walking foot with my with my Symphony. It may fit the Cresendo. I doubt the Brother foot would work since they are different machines.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:55 AM

Hi
Babylock makes a special quilting bar that attaches to the digital dual feed foot. My dealer had to order it for me.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by cmilton View Post
I have the Cresendo and I love that walking foot! It is so accurate I piece with it. I also have the traditional walking foot with my with my Symphony. It may fit the Cresendo. I doubt the Brother foot would work since they are different machines.
Brother and Babylock are the same makers. I thouht I'd give it a try

Originally Posted by holly8611 View Post
Babylock makes a special quilting bar that attaches to the digital dual feed foot. My dealer had to order it for me.
Thank you!I'll give them a call.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:31 PM

Hi Lorie,

I have the Cresendo also and had the same problem. The walking foot that comes with the machine is not very good for in-line quilting designs as it has a curved side, so you can't use the edge of the foot as a guide against a previous line of stitching. Also, there is no place for a guide bar to attach.

I ordered the "regular" Babylock walking foot, which is part number BLDW-L. It comes with two bars for in-line quilting and it is smaller and has straight edges, like a traditional walking foot. You can order one on-line at this link: http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/wal...ck-bldw-l.aspx

Also, Brother has a similar alternative for their "Dreamweaver" machine, which would fit the Crescendo, but I don't know the part number. You can probably find it on the Brother website, and they do take orders and ship directly from their site.

Hope this helps!

Solomae
Old 11-16-2015, 09:17 PM

any 7mm brother walking foot should work. the SA188(open toe) or I think it might be the SA140
Old 11-17-2015, 06:12 AM

My dealer didn't know about the bar attachment. This is the only shop I have on this island that sells machines, that's why I buy Babylocks. I really appreciate the help with the part numbers for the Brother that will fit.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:05 AM

My dealer didn't know about the bar attachment. This is the only shop I have on this island that sells machines, that's why I buy Babylocks. I really appreciate the help with the part numbers for the Brother that will fit.
Here is the link to the quilting bar that attaches the the digital dual feed foot if you want to give it another chance. Part number is on the page. Maybe print this out and take it to your dealer. My dealer hadn't heard of it before but was able to get it with a part number and photo.

http://babylock.com/accessories/feet/?at=3&Product_ID=BLDY-QGDF
Old 02-19-2016, 01:37 AM

I went to several dealers to see if the Brother would also work on my Crescendo and was told that some parts do interchange but not all will. Was told most people think because Brother and babylock are made by same makers doesnt mean parts are interchangeable