Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Oh, my. I just couldn't resist >

Oh, my. I just couldn't resist

Oh, my. I just couldn't resist

Old 02-20-2016, 07:02 AM

Default Oh, my. I just couldn't resist

Well, here I am again adding another sewing machine to the 70+ machines that I already have but this one just intrigued me. It is a Necchi BU Mira made in Italy. I paid $60 for it which might have been too much but I was so intrigued by it I kind of lost my head as to price. I have never seen one quite like it. I have two other Necchis but this one is just so different. I finally found a manual and downloaded it from the internet. Now I need to study it so I will know how to thread this machine, wind a bobbin, etc. and especially how to use this cam attachment or maybe it is part of the machine. The machine moves freely but could definitely use a good cleaning and oiling. There was a box of accessories but I am not sure they go with this machine. There were a couple of bobbin cases that are stamped Made In Italy with the part number listed. It came in a cabinet but since I am so short on space I am going to take it out of the cabinet. I will need to somehow wire up a different foot pedal as the one on the cabinet has no way to press down with your foot. I have an empty Kenmore cabinet that is quite small but I am not sure it will fit. The machine looks to be in very good condition although like I said it needs a good cleaning and polishing. Does anyone on the board have a machine like this one. If so, any pointers you can give me would be very welcome.
Attached Thumbnails necchi-bu-mira-estate-sale-%2460.jpg   necchi-cam-area.jpg   bottom-area.jpg   accessories.jpg   bobbin-cases-made-italy.jpg  

Old 02-20-2016, 08:36 AM

What a great find, price was good too. I have the same machine. The wonder wheel attachment is what makes this a collectible machine for me. You do have at least one part of the wheel missing. I will go trough my manual and try to see if you have all of the other parts. A manual is a must for excellent operation of this machine, they come up on ebay all of the time. I had to fabricate the part you have missing, as mine was missing too. It isn't hard to do.

PM me if you have any questions I will try to help.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

No pointers, but neat looking machine!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:58 AM
Banned

Very nice, and you got it for a very good price. Please though, rethink taking it out of its cabinet. The vintage Necchi cabinets are getting harder to find, Singer and others are still so common. There's tons of info on the vintage Necchi Yahoo groups.

Cari
Old 02-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

Looks like good deal!
Old 02-20-2016, 04:55 PM

I have the same machine, but without any attachments (has the Wonder Wheel, though). I haven't had time to get to the Necchi's yet (I have 3), still working on my Singers! I'll be interested to see how it works!