Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki machines >

Juki machines

Juki machines

Old 03-23-2016, 02:19 AM

Just bought one but don't plan to use it in a frame. It's supposed to arrive today - and feels like Christmas to me!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:45 AM

I have one on a frame and find the only quilting I can do and have it turn out is a meander. There just isn't enough space to do more. It is nice if you are in a hurry, but if you want to do more you need a longer arm machine. The jukie has a nice stitch, but is limited.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:44 AM

I wish I had read this post a couple of weeks ago! My Juki 2010 arrived yesterday, and I was a little disappointed in the harp size. However, it is three inches bigger than my Janome, so I will manage until I can afford one with a larger throat space. A friend is building a frame for me for a small fee, so I will use it in the frame once it's made. I haven't turned on the machine yet, but it looks very sturdy, got rave reviews, and I could afford it for now.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:51 PM

I would suggest that you at least look at a Brother 1500. I had my heart set on a Juki after meeting & then watching a lot of Sharon Schamber's tutes. I have a good friend that quilts tons of quilts & owns a Juki & a Brother and so I went over to her house for a demo of each and to try them. To me, the footprint looks the same. Some folks say they are made by the same company, I'm not sure about that. However, after trying them both I ended up buying the Brother from Ken's and have been very happy with it. It is a lot cheaper. The downside is if you need service, it wouldn't be local for me. I haven't had any big problems with mine so am a happy camper with the cheaper brother. BTW my very experienced quilting friend prefers the Brother and has used it for quite a long time.

I can say that we both use ours as our domestic machine for FMQ but not on a frame.

HTH
Min