Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother Dream Machine 2 >

Brother Dream Machine 2

Brother Dream Machine 2

Old 09-09-2016, 06:24 AM

Default Brother Dream Machine 2

Does anyone know the price of this new machine?
Old 09-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

this review lists the price as 14k. i see that the reviewer points out that it digitizes! i would make sure to see it digitize complicated pictures and not just a simple coloring book page. i had gotten the BL Destiny and was very disappointed and had to fight to return it.
http://laundry.reviewed.com/news/this-sewing-machine-is-an-embroiderers-14000-dream

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-09-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

had to fight to return it.
This the exact reason I won't buy from a dealer anymore. No returns, no money from me.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:33 AM

Oh my gosh! 14 Thousand dollars⁉⁉⁉??
Old 09-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Yes, it is $14k. It digitizes coloring book page type designs but you can fill in with stitches areas you would do with crayons on the page. It also will add stippling designs around embroidered designs, make any design into appliqué. It scans what is in your hoop for perfect placement. You can do monograms on just about anything. You can increase or decrease the size of most designs. It has a 14x9 hoop and the new 9.5x9.5 hoop. It sews great. I have a Dream Mavhine with the upgrade that made it a Dream 2. I love my machine you can quilt a queen size quilt on it. Yes it is crazy expensive but I have enjoyed my machine and glad I bought it. I had a Quattro before and thought that was great and what else could they possibly do to make it better, Brother found a bunch of stuff to improve the Quattro for the Dream.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:30 AM

Yow! it would have to cook and clean house for me to even think about it! HA
Old 09-10-2016, 11:12 AM

Yes, on could buy a car for that price. However, when I consider how much my brothers pay to belong to a country club so they can golf, that price puts it in perspective for me. They sell these machine to a buyer who has a certain profile...a person who can afford it and also has sewing/embroiderying/digitizing a high prioity in their life. Yes, it would be nice if it also could clean my bathroom, but even machines have their limits...darn it! I can not afford this machine, but there must be enough people out there that can afford it. Otherwise, this price tag would put them out of business.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:00 PM

If you want one that is affordable I recommend going to an event where the classroom models are discounted usually in the 9-10k range. It also depends if you are trading, most dealers will do full price off of MSRP if you purchased within a year, otherwise it will be fair market value off of MSRP. The MSRP on the original was 14999 so I would imagine the msrp on the newer model is at least 1k over the original MSRP to account for the extras. Also if you pay cash and don't finance it can be cheaper. There are also better deals when you go to the launch parties and the size and location of dealer also play into it as well. I would say new with no trade you are probably looking in the 12-13k range
Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 PM

I attended a Brother event at my dealer's a couple of weeks ago, the rep said the Dream machine 2 was $9000 something, I can't remember for sure but think it was $9400, I was surprised because it is less than what the 1st Dream machine was at introduction.
I bought the 1st Dream machine when it came out and totally love it, can't believe I have such a machine & feel so fortunate that I was able to buy it. I did order the upgrade, not arrived yet.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:44 PM

I worried and worried over the price of this machine. I feel I got a really great deal at $9500 with 60 months free financing. The BES4 and the extra Disney marvel comics with the border hoop came with it. What finally convinced me to do it is when I thought about my beautician lol. I very recently decided to transition to gray hair and didn't get my hair dyed this month for the first time in more years than I can remember. I paid $125 including the tip every 4-5 weeks on my hair. My brother payment is $20 less than that because I paid $3000 down. So, basically, my finances have remained the same and I have a Brother Dream Machine 2 to boot! Lol.

I just got the machine yesterday, so I haven't even opened the box. I wanted to read the manual first. BTW, that is the heaviest manual I have ever seen in my life. It has to weigh 5 ot 6 lbs. Not kidding. It's 425 pages but they are heavy pages. I travel for my job a lot and I brought it with me to read. I could definitely feel it in my bag.

The main reason I wanted rhw machine was to quilt in the hoop. I don't have room for a long arm and I can't stand my imperfect free motion stitches. Now, I have a way to quickly put together any combination of designs to suit my needs or simply take a pic of the design I want with the machine and it will become my very own unique quilting design. I've never, never purchased anything like this before...something just for me with no family benefits. I've come to the point in my life that I finally believe I'm worth it

Wish me luck....I have lots to learn.