Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt magazines >

Quilt magazines

Quilt magazines

Old 09-30-2016, 09:56 PM
Power Poster

I take my stuff to the local quilt shop and she notifies the local churches. they take anything for charity quilts. i'm sure they would love any magazines or books.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:59 PM
Power Poster

You could also donate some to the local hospital. they always have a book/mag cart they take around. or to Dr offices etc.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:08 AM

Our local library has a group that they call "Friends of the Library" that accepted my donated ten years, of seven different magazines and various odd issues, and sells them in a sale once a month. The money goes to buy new books and technology for our little country library. Win. Win.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:25 AM

I have been cutting out my favorite patterns and putting them into plastic page protectors in notebooks. Notebooks are much nicer to browse through than magazines (no advertisements, etc.) , and I am putting them in alphabetically by pattern name.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:54 AM

several years ago I went through all my magazines, wrote in a notebook the pattern name, the colors used, the year, mon th and name of the magazine of the quilts I was interested in. Then I put those magazines in date order in a three shelf bookcase and gave away all the magazines I did not find anything in that I thought I was interested in. I gave the magazines to a good quilting friend who belonged to a quilting group and who was also working to open a community library at that time.