Quilted door curtain FINISHED! >

Quilted door curtain FINISHED!

Quilted door curtain FINISHED!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
mah-velous dahling! :wink:
You did great K! I couldn't help zooming right in on the wall hanging either. Just kind of wondering why we've never seen such a beauty as that?
I love your door curtain! How long is it? I forget. must be 7 or 8 feet?
Hans did a spiffy job too. Does Barney sleep there a lot?
Does this make your living room dark?
no, I don't have many questions,...just a few, lol. :lol:
P.S. So you want Santa to slide down the chimney with a Pfaff 410, huh?
Whose getting the massage, Hans or Santa? :mrgreen:
I THINK I posted the wall hanging when I first joined, can't remember!
The curtain is 7' across by 9' high - the blocks are 12".
Barney sleeps there at night when he's not 'out on the tiles' - he can come and go through his little door.
The living room is through another door so no, and we have really big windows - unusual for a French house. It doesn't make the hall dark in the day because a) the door is really big and lots of glass and b) it pulls right back into the return of the wall.
Don't care if it's Hans OR Santa OR even the boogy man, as long as I get a Pfaff. :wink: :D

Next question... :mrgreen:
Old 11-09-2009, 11:51 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Your door curtain & wall hanging are great. Your style houses in Spain are different than most American ones, would love to see a pic of your actual house. Great work by your Husband too.
Thanks, I'll tell Hans you said so. I told him I'd posted the curtain and that you all liked it and he said 'did anyone mention my cupboard?'...bless him! :lol:

Here's a pic of our house - not very pretty but big and solid!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55126[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55126.jpe  
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
we all knew you could do it. i kept wondering what it would look like. now i know: beautiful.

does that entryway open right into the living room? it will warm it up in there too. those old houses just don't hold heat at all. now you'll be nice and snuggly this winter. how cold do you get in france, anyway?
No, all the rooms have doors - the hall opens on to the stairs only.
Our walls are thick stone and once we get the attic insulated - (WIP!) and the cellar (at the moment, there's only parquet between us and the cellar) we should be warmer.
In January/February it can get to minus 8° centigrade ish - don't know what that is in farenheit but it's cooollldddd! :shock:
Old 11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wvdek
Must be something in the air. My DH asked me to make something for the doorways in our Great Room.

Tell Hans he had agreat idea.

K-wonderful job. Looks great and I'm sure you will see a difference in the room temp. Love those stars and colors.
Thanks, I'll tell him - he did say 'I hope you told them it was my idea!' - got to massage those fragile male egos! :mrgreen:
Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM
k3n
Power Poster

And thank you all for your comments. :D

Wow, I'm amazed that you all remember when I first started talking about this. Makes me wonder what else I've said I'll make and haven't got round to yet! :shock: :lol:
Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by butterflywing
we all knew you could do it. i kept wondering what it would look like. now i know: beautiful.

does that entryway open right into the living room? it will warm it up in there too. those old houses just don't hold heat at all. now you'll be nice and snuggly this winter. how cold do you get in france, anyway?
No, all the rooms have doors - the hall opens on to the stairs only.
Our walls are thick stone and once we get the attic insulated - (WIP!) and the cellar (at the moment, there's only parquet between us and the cellar) we should be warmer.
In January/February it can get to minus 8° centigrade ish - don't know what that is in farenheit but it's cooollldddd! :shock:
that's the way all victorian houses were built here also. doors separated every room from the freezing hallways and lousy insulation. i had a fireplace in three rooms for heat in the victorian we had. quickly modernized that. cold rooms must have been an idea brought from 'the continent'. :lol: :lol:
Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Ha! It's character-building! :mrgreen: But my character is now fully-developed so we're insulating! :D
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Banned

K3n, I LOVE it! And you are SEW smart to make it so easy to pull back and forth. Great job. And you were cussing all those HST's. For shame! They look wonderful.

Hmmm, I have a door that needs a cover. Wanna make one for me?! :shock: :wink: :wink:

And I love the wall hanging too. You are so talented!!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Re the HSTs - I cut em bigger then trimmed them all back so they'd be right! Probably the most boring thing I ever did quilting wise! :shock: I just knew if I had one wrong then that one would leap out at me every time I walked past! :lol:

Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

PS - they're actually QSTs! :mrgreen: