Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which Machine >

Which Machine

Which Machine

Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Default Which Machine

I am looking at the Grace Q'Nique 14+ for my Grace frame I just got for my birthday my question is this. Does anyone have this machine and if so how do you like it? Is it worth the money, is it as good as all the reviews I have been reading. Would you recommend this, this will be my first long arm, never have done this before.

Thank you
verna2197
Old 12-15-2016, 06:56 PM

I have the BlockRockiT that the Grace company manufactures for Kathy Quilts. It was designed by the folks at Kathy Quilts and after it was released by them, the Grace company started selling it as the Q'Nique. I have had mine now for about 2 1/2 years and am very pleased with it. They have a built in stitch regulator, you can stitch in regulated or manual modes, use rear handles for pantographs or pattern boards, use it with Quilt Motion for computerized quilting. The throat is a little over 14 inches. For the price, I have been extremely pleased with mine. As long as you keep it oiled and the lint cleaned out, as with any machine like this, it works like a charm. If you have the opportunity to attend a large quilt show, they are usually there with the machines set up to try. I have never regretted mine. There is a Yahoo group for the BlockRockiT and it is great for information, help with any problem or advice. And it is classified as a mid-arm, not a long arm.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:17 PM

Hi, I have had the Qnique for about 7 months. I love it. It is very easy to use and maintain. I haven't had any problems with it. Grace has been great to work with. I purchased my through Kens Sewing Center. They gave me a much better price than through Grace directly. I even called Grace to see if they would "price match" but they advised me to go ahead and purchase through Kens as they are one of their best distributors and they couldn't beat the price kens offered. If you go this route, call kens and talk to Donna, ask if there are any discount to they can apply. My machine shipped directly from Grace and I've been able to call Grace directly with questions. Be sure to get the ruler base if you want to do ruler work. There are lots of you tube videos showing how to thread, oil, etc. this machine, you will find lots of help online.

Solomae
Old 12-17-2016, 02:28 PM
mkc

Brother just announced a machine for their Dream Quilter frame that looks exactly like a rebadged BlockRockIt as well. Not sure on the price but it would be worth it to compare.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...amQuilter.aspx
Old 12-17-2016, 05:48 PM
Banned

I'd look at the price difference between the Q'Nique and the Block Rockit since they're the same machine. The only other thing I can think of is making sure the machine will fit your carriage.

Cari