Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I tried out a Brother Dream quilter 15 yesterday... >

I tried out a Brother Dream quilter 15 yesterday...

I tried out a Brother Dream quilter 15 yesterday...

Old 12-15-2019, 08:12 AM

It does look like my Qnique. I absolutely love it. Only had it a couple of months. Paid around 5k from a quilt show and included 8’ frame..
Old 12-17-2019, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I think I just looked at this machine on a table, today. It sewed nicely. I didn't buy it. Have to consider and test drive some others. Does anyone have a link that the Q'nique is made by Brother? I can't find one.
I couldn't find anything except that it's marketed by the Grace company...but common sense says that the 2 machines are so similar that there would be a lawsuit if not made and rebranded by the original manufacturer. It's just like the King quilters..they are Tin Lizzies in everything but name...Singer was probably the most prolific at rebranding their machines over the years, but many, many makers do it.
After I retired, I did the books part time for a lawnmower repair business. I was shocked to find that almost every major brand, Sears, Troy Bilt, Cub Cadet, etc...are all MTD mowers and the only real difference is brand of engine( Briggs or Tecumseh), and a few alterations to body style. I later ran into that when I needed a part for my dishwasher...it is the same with some of the longarms ...
Old 02-12-2020, 07:17 AM

The Grace Company makes the Q'unique and also make the Dream DLTQ 15 for Brother. I have a Brother Dream DLTQ 15 and have to work with the Grace Company when I have questions or issues. Brother refers their customers to The Grace Company for Tech Support. Does anyone know what this machine would go for used?
Old 02-12-2020, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

That is so interesting to me because I test drove the Brother and was tempted and saw the Q’nique and took pictures of both and they seemed identical except for logos. They probably come out of the same factory. As for price used, hard to say. I haven’t seen any for sale on my craigslist. Maybe see what they are going for on ebay if anyone is selling. Do you have issues with the machine?

oops I read the beginning of the thread and did reply before!!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:06 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by sasouza View Post
Does anyone know what this machine would go for used?
Take a look at the Longarm and Accessories Facebook group and also Facebook Marketplace.

Used 14+/15 Q'Niques seem to go for between $3000 and $5000, depending on age and what frame they're on.