Row by row

Old 08-02-2017, 01:49 PM

I have never gone on a RxR quilting tour but I did see one from Colorado at the Quilters' Dream Quilt shop and sent for it last year...it was a paper pieced pattern and loved doing it. I noticed that their RxR pattern this year is again a paper pieced pattern and have already sent and placed my order for it to be sent my way as of 11/1/17.
This was 2016's pattern......and this year is one with three silhouettes against the Colorado skies.....Can't wait for November to roll around. Here is my 2016 RxR......[ATTACH=CONFIG]577904[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 08-02-2017, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
I have never gone on a RxR quilting tour but I did see one from Colorado at the Quilters' Dream Quilt shop and sent for it last year...it was a paper pieced pattern and loved doing it. I noticed that their RxR pattern this year is again a paper pieced pattern and have already sent and placed my order for it to be sent my way as of 11/1/17.
This was 2016's pattern......and this year is one with three silhouettes against the Colorado skies.....Can't wait for November to roll around. Here is my 2016 RxR......[ATTACH=CONFIG]577904[/ATTACH]
A nice Row by Row row and you made a great row.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:32 PM

I have visited shops in my area and their patterns were not very interesting. We took a trip to Sisters, Oregon, a couple a weeks ago and stopped at several shops. I liked most of their patterns much better. I picked up several but they are sitting on a shelf because there is just to much other stuff to do.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

Hooray for those who have the means and stamina to drive around to so many shops to collect the rows. Lots of us just simply can't. I have horrific sciatic pain if I sit and drive longer than about 1/2 an hour.

You don't always have to preorder and wait til November, tho. There are groups on Facebook who trade rows. They will pick up their local rows and mail them to you in exchange for your local rows... or kits. Networking!! Check Facebook and search for Row Swap groups.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

mjsylvstr, your row is gorgeous! Nice job.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:58 AM

I went to a quilt shop yesterday and they aren't participating this year. One of my quilt buddies is just putting the binding on one she made from last year's patterns. It is so adorable. She really coordinated her fabric choices. I remember seeing one winner on the Maine Facebook page who used black, white and gray fabrics for her quilt. It was stunning.
I haven't used any row patterns yet. Didn't buy any kits.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:33 AM

I love reading that I was not the only person who has collected quite a few row by row over the last couple of years but have not completed them. The fact is I don't like how most Row by rows go together. -- So I'm taking a careful look at the ones I have and have decided to make them into 12 1/2 in blocks instead. I can get more in a quilt. Some rows might have to be split into 2 blocks. I'm pretty sure I can do this.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:22 PM

MJ that row is so cute. I have loved all of their rows. I believe they are usually designed by Linda Hubbard of Silver Linings Originals. She has awesome paper piecing projects.
I have joined an online trading group. I am being very selective on what I get.