Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My expectations about swaps  - >

My expectations about swaps -

My expectations about swaps -

Old 10-29-2017, 04:42 PM

The last 2 swaps I participated in were in a Facebook Group. One was a miniature quilt, the second a pincushion swap. I was burned on both of them. The miniature quilt took hours, more than a twin or lap would have taken. There was no acknowledgment or thank you and no reciprocation. I should have learned my lesson there but sent a large pincushion (she wanted something heavy), chocolate from Seattle, a half-yard of batik and a charm pack to The United Kingdom. Again, no response or reciprocation. A way to have a swap and get exactly what you want is what my downtown group did. We made blocks for everyone in the group. Each person could give their color preference and that was it. The size and style was up to the person(s) making the blocks. Once all the blocks were exchanged, we were challenged to put the top together (there was a deadline and if you did not make the deadline, you bought lunch for everyone). The tops were very creative and different. There were no rules on what you had to make, just the color choices. So if you wanted to make the same block in different colors ways, that was allowed.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:02 PM

I participate in swaps on one group only. It is one I help run. We are a small group of just 61 members currently, not all are real active. IF someone does not complete their swap...only one chance, they are kicked out. ( unless they let us know ahead and are really ill etc...) with a small group we know our members. We also have members that are "swap angels" and send to the receiver if a swapper didn't send.