Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The sewing machine used on Midnight Quilt Show >

The sewing machine used on Midnight Quilt Show

The sewing machine used on Midnight Quilt Show

Old 11-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Interesting the different responses as to whose machines they really are.

My bets ..... that it will be one of the brands that HQ already re-brands their Sweet 16 for.
Who all? .... Babylock for sure .... and I think it is Pfaff, Husqvarna and someone else.

Babylock and HQ are both represented here in Canada by the same company and sales reps.
So, that would make me wonder if there is a further relationship,
in that Babylock are relabelling some of their machines with the HQ name.

Only some educated guesses here ............ nothing official!
There is crossover between almost all major manufacturers, but I can say with certainty that Janome builds the HQ domestics.

Cari
Old 11-12-2017, 02:49 PM

Straight from Angela-HQ Stitch 710 is what she does her machine quilting and piecing on her videos. I emailed her about it and was going to go to her shop to see it but got to reading about it online. It does not have a stitch regulator which I want. Granted Angela does not need it but I feel like it helps me. So I will stick with my Bernina. There is nothing wrong with it at all but I was wanting a larger harp and I like all the lights on the HQ.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jokir44 View Post
Straight from Angela-HQ Stitch 710 is what she does her machine quilting and piecing on her videos. I emailed her about it and was going to go to her shop to see it but got to reading about it online. It does not have a stitch regulator which I want. Granted Angela does not need it but I feel like it helps me. So I will stick with my Bernina. There is nothing wrong with it at all but I was wanting a larger harp and I like all the lights on the HQ.
Probably not something that HQ would put onto their DSMs.
They will still want you to buy their LAs whether sit-down or stand-up,
which have stitch regulators.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Angela is a rep/teacher for the HQ long arms.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 AM

I have a Janome 1600 PC. My instructor says it was made by Juki.

Marcia
Old 11-13-2017, 07:25 AM

I believe Janome is making some Singers these days, too. It's all so confusing...
Old 11-13-2017, 07:43 AM

Most machine companies were bought out by Singer a few years and machines are now made where they get the best deal. That's why so many look and sew the same with different prices. My son worked in a sewing shop and was told about it.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Power Poster

Keep in mind .... for the re-branded machines, they are not always the same as the original one.

It may be a specific model that gets re-branded, but often times there is a slight change.
Sometimes that is only cosmetic.
But sometimes too, it may be something functional ... eg. a slightly smaller spring, or a lighter part, etc.

This happens in all industries ..... not just sewing machines.
You may think it is the same ...
..... but there will usually be something swapped in/out, so they are not identical.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:16 AM

My local Janome dealer told me that the new Janome longarm is made my HandiQuilter, so it would make sense that Janome builds their domestic machines.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shasta5718 View Post
Most machine companies were bought out by Singer a few years and machines are now made where they get the best deal. That's why so many look and sew the same with different prices. My son worked in a sewing shop and was told about it.
Singer, Viking and Pfaff are all owned by a holding company called SVP. Singer didn't buy out anyone, they couldn't even keep themselves afloat.
There is crossover between all the major brands, as well as machines being built by companies we've never heard of. Brother has always built the high end Babylocks and they've built machines for Bernina and Janome as well. For others too. Janome builds or has built machines for just about everyone, including Singer and Bernina. They're the largest manufacturer of badged machines in the world. Juki, now they build industrial machines, but they contract out for everything else including their sergers. None of the sergers are built by the big manufacturers. There are 3 factories in the world, none with a name we would recognize, that build all sergers.

Cari