Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What new notion or sewing tool is on your Christmas wish list? >

What new notion or sewing tool is on your Christmas wish list?

What new notion or sewing tool is on your Christmas wish list?

Old 11-20-2017, 09:20 PM

I've requested this light for my sewing desk,since it's getting harder for me to see dark fabrics and the needle eye.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Ey...MH4AHQTSDW29ZK
Old 11-21-2017, 03:59 AM

Couldn't think of anything but just looked at that light on Amazon and it's a nice one. I like that it has so many different settings. Thanks for posting it.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:00 AM

I always say I don’t need anything but then something new pops up...so my DH usually gets me gift certificates for my LQS and I use them throughout the year.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:41 AM

Quilters Select non-slip rulers... I'm slowly replacing all my rulers with these.

I ordered some yesterday because they are currently 30 percent off through The Quilt Show.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
I've requested one of those vintage pop bottle sprinklers like my mom used to use for ironing. One with a metal sprinkling head; not plastic.
I have one of those sprinklers. It’s in an old glass soda pop bottle. They work great! I hope you are able to get one.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:06 AM

If you make HST you need the Bloc Locs. They are fabulous and make squaring up your blocks so easy. I bought the ruler foot and beginning ruler set for my Janome and I'm having fun with that (just starting). I can think of several others but you are getting great feedback.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:32 AM

Default Scan n Cut experience

Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
I've been drooling over the Scan N Cut too! Once you've had a chance to use it please let us know how you like it. Especially if you use it for cutting quilt block pieces!
I have the Scan n Cut. This machine can be a bit finicky and has quite the learning curve. However, a gal named Jen Blausey has posted numerous You Tube videos and moderates a Facebook group that I've found to be invaluable.

So far, I have used the Scan n Cut strictly for applique. I tend to use traditional rotary cutting and/or the Accuquilt Go for piecing.

Cheers!
Old 11-21-2017, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
I have one of those sprinklers. It’s in an old glass soda pop bottle. They work great! I hope you are able to get one.
This brought back so many memories of my mom and how she ironed our clothes. She'd sprinkle then put them in
an old fridge we kept in the basement. Said it made the ironing easier. Hadn't thought of this in so many years.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
I've requested one of those vintage pop bottle sprinklers like my mom used to use for ironing. One with a metal sprinkling head; not plastic.
We all have our memories. I have one I put together as a young newlywed - only I used a Heidelburg beer bottle with my cork sprinkler top. I don't use it too much these days preferring water spray bottles, but as a credentialed hoarder, it is still on my shelf.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:57 AM

On my Christmas wish list is some Lumiere metallic fabric paint. I've been amazed lately at the work of Helen Godden and have to try.

Watson