Weight watchers program

Old 01-24-2018, 01:17 PM

Oprah has her own line of food, separate from Weight Watchers, which is called "O That's Good". In my humble opinion... OH IT WAS BAD! I tried a soup and a mac & cheese prepared dish from her line and they were both disgusting LOL! You mileage may vary, of course.

I've been on the WW program for a few years, started with Points Plus and then transitioned to Smart Points and now Freestyle. I am not a fan of frozen dinners so there are only a couple of them that I will eat, the others just have way to much sodium and not enough taste. I don't mind cooking from scratch.

I highly recommend itrackbites as someone mentioned above. The app is very easy to use and inexpensive.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:14 AM

Oprah , her food was so bad make your own . save a lot of money that way .. you can get WW zero-points
download free . just go to ( weight watchers complete list of zero points food ) 200 + list
Old 01-25-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by kittiebug View Post
Oprah , her food was so bad make your own . save a lot of money that way .. you can get WW zero-points
download free . just go to ( weight watchers complete list of zero points food ) 200 + list
Nice! thank you.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:19 PM

The nice thing about WW is that you do eat your own food and do not have to make it different for DH if he is not on the plan.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:29 PM

WW didn't work for me. The old program had too many carbs - I have no idea about any current one. I like an online help called myfitnesspal. You tell it what you ate, it tracks the calories and tells you what you need to complete your day, food wise - and maybe exercise.
I follow my own food plan. Almost paleo, though I do a few crackers and cookies. Mostly meat and vegetables with maybe one fruit a day. No diet anything, especially drinks.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:31 AM

I started WW three weeks ago (minus one day), and lost 7.2 pounds the first two weeks. I doubt it'll keep going at that rate, but I'll take it! Tomorrow will be three weeks, and it's also my weekly "step on the scale" day. I've been a good girl this week, so hopefully a couple more pounds are gone. Edited to add: I'm doing the FreeStyle program since I'm not familiar with the others, and I'm not using my weekly points. I'm just using my dailies.

I tried keto (low carb) twice. It didn't seem to do much for me, plus I felt "off" somehow. The first time I had a gosh-awful case of "keto flu" for about 2-1/2 weeks. Ugh! So far WW seems to be a better fit for me.

Last edited by moonrise; 01-28-2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:52 AM

My husband and I started back to WW in mid November. I really like the new flexible freestyle plan, much easier to track points than the older plans, and I like the carryover of up to 4 daily unused points in case you have a need for them later in the week. In 10 weeks I have lost 20 lbs and DH has lost 27. We eat almost all our meals at home and I cook everything from scratch as he has low sodium restrictions too. So far so good. Good luck to all!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:05 PM

Woo hoo! Down 10.6 pounds since I started 3 weeks ago. I'm eating a few of the Smart Ones meals, but they're crazy expensive for such a small amount of food. Michelina's makes a lower calorie 5-cheese lasagna that's really good, and it's only $1. Some of Michelina's other items are low in points, too. I'm also eating a lot of chicken, turkey, sugar-free Jello, bananas, apples, yogurt, etc. (I don't like many vegetables, unfortunately.)
Old 01-29-2018, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Woo hoo! Down 10.6 pounds since I started 3 weeks ago. I'm eating a few of the Smart Ones meals, but they're crazy expensive for such a small amount of food. Michelina's makes a lower calorie 5-cheese lasagna that's really good, and it's only $1. Some of Michelina's other items are low in points, too. I'm also eating a lot of chicken, turkey, sugar-free Jello, bananas, apples, yogurt, etc. (I don't like many vegetables, unfortunately.)
We both love veggies, I eat a lot more fruits than he does. Fish, chicken, turkey and pork are always on the menu around here. Once in a while a nice hunk of rare red meat is craved. I also love jello and yogurt.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:44 AM

I have been on ww for a year now and lost 25 lbs, 7 more to go. I find the program easy, you can literally eat anything, you just have to account for it (track your points, it helps with losing). I have never purchased any ww brand food but do spend quite a lot on fresh fruits and veggies. Juice is not so good, after joining you can scan the juice bottle to see how many points a glass is and you can decide if you want to use your points on one glass or not. WW encourages you to discontinue use of any soda. Good luck, I have always lost weight on ww. You just have to make it a way of life.