Puget Sound trip

Old 02-04-2018, 05:06 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Puget Sound trip

Thinking about a trip to the Puget Sound area. Anyone know of quilt shops in Seattle, Anacortes, Friday Harbor,Port Townsend and Poulsbo WA or Victoria,BC ?
Old 02-05-2018, 05:16 AM

I live in the Bellingham area and we have quite a few shops in our area. Lynden (10 miles north) has 2 wonderful shops....Folktales (behind the fairgrounds on Kok Rd) and Tangled Threads in the downtown area. My other favorite shop is Fabrics Plus in Anacortes. Happy shopping!
Old 02-05-2018, 06:27 AM

You’re going to quilt heaven! My recommendations are mostly for what locals call, “The Eastside.”
In the Beginning is located in Seattle and they have there own fabric line(s). It would be a good starting place, and they might be able to refer you to places in Victoria, etc.
Also, That Patchwork Place/Martingale publishers are there and used to have times when folks could go buy the books at a discount...best thing would be to do a search on the internet for the towns you’re going to visit.
Gossypium (Latin word) in Issaquah is one of the top rated shops in the USA this year. Might be worth a side trip if you can plan to be there when the roads aren’t clogged.
Pacific Fabrics has several locations and is worth visiting.
Belleview, Bothell, Woodinville...all have nice shops. Best thing is to do a search.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Thinking about a trip to the Puget Sound area. Anyone know of quilt shops in Seattle, Anacortes, Friday Harbor,Port Townsend and Poulsbo WA or Victoria,BC ?
Fabulous area for quilt shopping and sightseeing!

There is a quilt shop inside Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle called Undercover Quilts. It's been awhile since I was there, but I remember a large variety of batiks and ocean theme fabrics. There is also wall displays of over 600 vintage sewing machines at the All Saints!

Anacortes has two quilt shops in the downtown area. One is so crammed full of fabric, it is hard to find anything and yet it is still fun to visit. The two quilt shops are called In Stitches and Fabric Plus.

Since you are going to Anacortes, stop by La Connor and visit the Pacific Northwest Quilt and Fiber Arts Museum in the 1870s Gaches Mansion. You can check their website to see the current artist's display. La Connor is a quaint little town with a good variety of places to eat. Our favorite is the Calico Cupboard Cafe and Bakery.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:54 AM

Don't know about quilt shops, I am more interested in Tanis, Nic Silver, Meerkatnip and everything that seemed to begin in and around Puget Sound; cannot wait for the next instalment. It is totally fascinating.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 PM

I lived in Puget Sound (Bremerton and Everett) for several years, and the best part of living there for me was the ferries sand the lovely country roads. On Saturday mornings they had four hours of quilt shows from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. If you get bored on a Saturday morning....I never visited quilt shops at that time, I was too busy chasing after an ornery teenager in those years. Enjoy your trip. Lots to see and do. (I will tell you I am just a bit jealous.)
Old 02-05-2018, 04:24 PM

There are great shops in Mount Vernon, Snohomish and Kirkland. I plan to visit them all again next time I'm in the area.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:42 PM

If you have the time, take a detour to Portland, Oregon. Fabric Depot!!!!
Old 02-06-2018, 01:56 AM

Poulsbo has a great quilt shop!!!

"Since you are going to Anacortes, stop by La Connor and visit the Pacific Northwest Quilt and Fiber Arts Museum in the 1870s Gaches Mansion. You can check their website to see the current artist's display. La Connor is a quaint little town with a good variety of places to eat. Our favorite is the Calico Cupboard Cafe and Bakery."

I would second what was said about going into LaConner for the museum.
A local chain is Pacific Fabrics, very good fabric selection and friendly people.

Kirsten
Old 02-06-2018, 05:53 AM

Don't forget Pacific Rim out in Snohomish for Hawaiian quilts. There's also a little quilt shop in Ballard, but I don't remember it's name.