Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Worried about my quilt >

Worried about my quilt

Worried about my quilt

Old 02-11-2018, 06:21 AM

Default Worried about my quilt

At the last minute I decided to make a baby quilt for my granddaughter who lives in Arizona - we are in Georgia. Her baby shower is today. I did what normally takes me 4 weeks sewing at my leisure in only 6 days. Have never sewn like that! Last Wednesday I sent the quilt with a stuffed animal and card/check via Priority Mail and was assured delivery would be this past Friday...that is also on my receipt. Whew, I made it! And with a day to spare.

But....Not only was it not delivered on Friday but not yesterday either. Breaking my heart. USPS Tracking says "delayed, in transit" as of noon yesterday. I signed up for delivery updates via text but have not received a revised delivery date. Now I am concerned it is lost/stolen. I also use UPS and FEDX for shipping but I went with Priority Mail as I had their perfect-sized box on hand.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-11-2018 at 06:38 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 02-11-2018, 07:04 AM

If it says delayed it might be due to weather I wouldn't worry just yet
Old 02-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

That's disappointing for you but I don't think it's lost. Probably as Dolphyngyrl said.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:14 AM

So sorry to hear this. I understand the pressure you put on yourself and then through no fault of yours it falls through. I usually have good luck with Priority Mail, but have had delays. Let us know how it goes. I am sure the new mom will be so pleased that a few days delay won't even be a blip on her radar.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:27 AM

I know it's disappointing and kinda nerve-wracking, but I wouldn't worry about it being lost or stolen, because you do have a notification of it. It's just that USPS isn't what it used to be, not even in Priority Mail all the time. Maybe it will arrive today. Sometimes I get packages on Sunday.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 AM

Zozee, I was wondering last night if they ever do after-hours or Sunday delivery in case of delays. You give me hope!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:59 AM

I am sure you are disappointed. I have mail "delayed in transit" as well - - - I don't know what exactly happened. But that is why I like Fed Ex or UPS over the mail they seem to do better

that being said I don't think its lost. It will probably get there late which in itself can be disappointing but I think it is still safe
Old 02-11-2018, 09:56 AM

Sorry your pkg didn't arrive as planned, so frustrating! Sure hope it gets there tomorrow. It is most likely weather related.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:24 AM

Could the PO have contracted pkgs out to another carrier?? On Thursday nite, on I-40 west, in TN, near me, was a collision between FedEx and Freightliner...( one truck was merging from ramp into lane) local paper said "pkgs scattered all over the area. Drivers survived, but am not sure abt the pkgs. Sure hope yours was not among---don't know from where it was mailed.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Friday I got an e-mail from FedEx saying they have delays right now due to weather and there will be delays due to the Mardi Gras is LA - not sure what that has to do with it - but it was nice they let me know.