Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What skill do you have that you never use, or never hope to use? >

What skill do you have that you never use, or never hope to use?

What skill do you have that you never use, or never hope to use?

Old 03-25-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
I've packed in some squid - but it was called calamari and deep fried!!
LOL.......same here, I loved deep fried calamari. On pay day ,twice a month, I would buy two boxes that were flash frozen that day. My Dad would prepare a seafood dinner with fish, clams and calamari along with all the fixings for our Sunday dinner.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:50 AM

I was a psychiatric home health nurse and also part of a team that case managed the most difficult psychiatric patients.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:42 AM

Got to brown belt, taekwondo.....never used it except in class. hope not to. Conceal carry license, don't want to use it either. piano, don't play much anymore too busy quilting. Learned to read and write in Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Don't use this anymore either. Hmmm makes one wonder why we waste our time instead of quilting, doesn't it.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:29 PM

Sewed clothes for my family (4 kids and DH). My DH couldn't find a long sleeve shirt to fit. They didn't have skinny and tall stores at the time. LOL
Old 03-25-2018, 07:15 PM

Making tortillas, why make them the store bought ones are good..anyway here in central CA. Played the piano and organ in church for many years...these are not used anymore just drums, keyboard and guitars. Drive the tractor but not anymore...no need. Change the tire...now just call AAA we have 4 calls each with the yearly subscription. Sewed clothes for mom and sisters..cheaper to buy them...sisters and mom are in heaven. I just make quilts for the grands,.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:24 PM

What a cute picture. I needed that smile.

I am an really good at getting my self into a bind because I can't say "no" and I am an expert at using a seam ripper.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:29 AM

Replacing zippers. When people know you sew, they ask. I have learned to start charging an amount that next time they won't ask.
Mary
Old 03-26-2018, 04:04 AM

Alterations and designing costumes and sewing them. I will use my sewing skills to sew quilts, home dec items and things I love to make.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:44 AM

Handling hay bales in the hay loft and harvesting oats. Both jobs were in July so it was hot and itchy. :-(

Not a skill, but I don’t wish to go back to washing clothes with a wringer washing machine & our toaster was the kind with a door on each side (not a pop up toaster) and our toast was always burned black because we’d forget to watch it. Then we scraped the black off. Maybe that’s why I don’t care for toast ? I hug my appliances, big and small.

Last edited by tranum; 03-26-2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Additional
Old 03-26-2018, 06:39 AM

Gas welding and cutting. CPR (Ooops I am 0 for 3.) Semi driving, bucking bales. Opening cans with a P-38 opener.