Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sleepers quilt >

Sleepers quilt

Sleepers quilt

Old 04-28-2018, 07:19 PM

I regret that I didn't make a quilt using the cute embroidered and appliqued pieces cut from my grandson's baby clothes. It would be no different than making a t-shirt quilt, and would have special memories, especially for the mom, and later for the grown-up baby. I would not use much of each sleeper, just enough to have a representation of each one, such as squares of the cute print fabrics or whatever little design there might be on the front.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:26 PM

I think of Sleeper as made from a fleece fabric to keep the baby warm. Would cut the Sleeper into squares and make a quilt similar to a Rag quilt.
Old 04-28-2018, 07:42 PM

I just saw a beautiful baby quilt the other day that uses the sleepers, I am not absolutely positive but I think it was on Pinterest. It just looks like the person making it attached the sleepers to fabric in a block. There might have been 6 or 9 not sure. I hope you can find it I'm sure it's exactly what you are looking for. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2018, 02:53 AM

Aha! "Now I see said the blind man"! When I posted yesterday, I had in mind the creations I've seen using the entire piece of clothing. Of course, you can use the knits from sleepers and work those up just as you would tshirt fabric with a stabilizer. My concern would be that the available fabric in each sleeper would be very small blocks, depending on the size of the sleeper. Newborn wouldn't make many blocks of any size worth working with.

I've seen the bears made of sleepers and they are darling. Those are a good way to preserve memories of babyhood. One of my friends makes those and puts a matching sleeper with them for gifts.