touring New York City

Old 05-16-2018, 05:52 PM

Default touring New York City

I need help from all of you that live in New York, New York or in eastern New Jersey. My husband and I are going to be touring out east in October. Do you know of any reputable tour groups for New York City and Statue of Liberty? We would like to take a tour, but there are so many on the internet that it is hard to know who to trust.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:00 AM

I have always bought tickets and done this on my own. Make sure that you do anything relating to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island prior to going, and I suggest you go EARLY, like right when they open. The line gets really long. The "hop on/hop off" bus is great. It takes you to so many places, and I find they know a lot of history. I like it also that you can get off if you want and walk, shop, eat and then get back on. There is so much to do/see. Make a list and prioritize your must see's and then go from there. You won't be disappointed. Make sure you take in at least one Broadway play. Either get tickets ahead of time or go and stand in line at the Tickets line to get discounted tickets. However, if you do this, you don't know what is available, but most of the time ALL of the plays will be available - except for Hamilton. I hope you have a memorable trip!
Old 05-18-2018, 07:33 AM

Our family took a tour bus around NYC but don't know the name. It was very informative and we bought the tickets right at the stop. Just make sure you can get on the upper deck of the double decker bus if the weather permits. You get to see so much more. Also, if you get a chance take in a show at Radio city music hall. NYC is a great place to see. My husband is from NYC and took me to some great sight seeing places like Staten Island Ferry that takes you around Ellis Island (which is where my FIL landed from Ireland) and saw a beautiful show at RCMH and Rockefeller Center. We were there at Christmas time and it was all beautiful. I was like a country pumpkin as I am from a farm in Montana and had never seen anything like NYC. Go and have a wonderful time.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:56 PM

Can't offer any help with tour groups, but if you let me know what in NJ you might like to see, I'll be happy to help however possible.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:55 PM

Thanks to all
Old 05-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Boston has a wonderful trolley system. I believe New York does too. Try researching it. Loads of information there.