Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-17-2018, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Got my shipping notice... way to go, Janice!
Old 06-17-2018, 12:00 PM

I received my notice too, it won't be long now!
Old 06-17-2018, 01:48 PM

I got the notice from Janice......this is early - wowser!! I won't be able to play until next week!
And USPS left a note on our door that it wants me to pay for the package ...then they say that if I don't it will be returned to sender by the 30th. Hmmmm
DH will have to go down and check this out.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:12 PM

Got my shipping notice too.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I got the notice from Janice......this is early - wowser!! I won't be able to play until next week!
And USPS left a note on our door that it wants me to pay for the package ...then they say that if I don't it will be returned to sender by the 30th. Hmmmm
DH will have to go down and check this out.
maybe it’s a different package?
Old 06-17-2018, 02:20 PM

Got my notice also-can’t wait to get started. Straightening my sewing area today!
Old 06-17-2018, 03:10 PM

Being new to Boom too, I am glad to hear it. I adore this light blue quilt. I think it would be fun to do a two tone quilt in future blocks.

It is fun to see the block being called out that were made by other Boomers.

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I still think of myself as a newbie. But the thrill of searching for the right block for the fabric in your hand is wonderful. And guess what, when it’s done, you don’t have to make that same block 18 more times. You get to move on to another fabulous fabric and a new search for the right block. Building a quilt is very gratifying, but sometimes tedious work. I love doing it. But just making blocks is like a new toy everyday. It’s the waiting for your squishy to arrive that makes me edgy! After I finished my first boom, I felt like I had been to a school semester of block making with 20 or so of the kindest, bestest teachers. It was great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595867[/ATTACH]
Here’s my first Boom quilt. I only made one block! We’ll take good care of you Pamela! ❤️
Old 06-17-2018, 03:11 PM

Adorbs! So sweet and it is fun to see this cute print cut up and put in a block.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I made a block from Terri's paper dolls fabric, but I don't know which group it's supposed to be in. I'll leave that up to you, Janice, to post the photo in the right album. I had the same fabric and Terri ran short, so I thought as long as I already had the fabric I'd go ahead and make the block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595870[/ATTACH]

It is the Smoky Mountain block by Judy Martin.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:14 PM

I look forward to playing with paper dolls again. Can you say where your block is? It is fun to see the blocks and ID them to the boomer. Thanks

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
The paper doll fabric I oerdered is yellow. Though it would be fun to throw a few of them into the quilt.

Jayne glad that bubble wrap got you safely to the post office and home safely.

GramE I see my block in your quilt
Old 06-17-2018, 03:17 PM

That is good news. I hope the side effects will be minimal for you and that you will be successful in your treatment.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
TG, I need a bunch of that bubble wrap.....every time I have to sit down. PET scan came back with good news, no other cancer was found! that is such a big relief to know. Pre surgery and pre chemo appts. tomorrow and then surgery on Thursday to install the chemo port. Radiation and chemo will start Monday morning at 10 a.m. then everyday for 6 weeks. Got my hair cut today, very short, just in case figure I'm ahead of the game a little and am saving the septic system.
Love everyone's fabric, just wish I could play. Your block's will have a very special meaning to me ladies, please know how much I appreciate your kindness.
LJ and Kass hope you are feeling better, I'm sending very positive thoughts and prayers your way. I'm done for tonight so will try to post in a day or two. If any of you are in another swap that I have had to drop, etc. please feel free to update them for me....I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance