Boom 21 - Waves

Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 AM

It's a gift and a curse. Today I had lunch with a friend and she's perpetually 10 minutes late. It's in her DNA. Me, I'm perpetually 10 minutes early for the same reason. Neither one of us can seem to meet at the right time, but for me, better early but then I have to sit alone for 20 minutes! Silly. Now it's onto the next errand. What a day!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Janice you are an inspiration to me. Thank you for all you do! You and your deadline beating -- rock!
Old 09-26-2018, 12:19 PM

I just received notice that my blocks have arrived to Janice. I truly want to thank all of you for giving me those last couple of days. It was all I could do to get them done. Wow, I did not think this surgery would kick me down so hard. Hopefully the fusion works this time with the bone grafting they did.
The infection is clearing. They have me on antibiotic. I did get the stitches out. Would post a photo, but I know lots of people can't stand the sight of that stuff. It is not pretty. One pin in my second toe goes all the way down the toe. Not looking forward to when it comes out. Well, I best be getting back to work. Yes, I am on the job already. The gal who was supposed to help me out had a personal thing happen for her and needed to be gone so I had to come in sooner than I wanted. Exhausting, but at least I am able to show boss some things that needed to be brought to light.
Have a super day and thank you so much Janice. I am so glad you are handling all this for us. Like said, I did not like the individual envelope thing either and this one stop sure makes it more fun to enjoy.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:02 AM

Default Boom Biz - shipping

Good morning. Just a quick fyi that I'm busy packing up your blocks and am finding some packages are just too stuffed or won't close at all. Those of you in one group, no problem at all! Yay. Those of you in two groups are split about down the middle as to whether or not I can squeeze all into a single padded envelope. (We may have to officially change shipping rules in the future for those in two groups, we'll see.) Luckily, a few of you thought of this problem and sent extra to cover return shipping in a box. Thank you! A few others I've already emailed or pm'd about the problem. And a few lucky ones, your blocks fit in a single envelope but you can bet they'll be well taped! Sbg and Hav4boys, please look for a PM. Terriamn, please check your email. I'll need an email or pm reply from each of you before shipping. Everyone else is good to go! I plan to print labels later today so you'll get your tracking number once I do. Thank you everyone.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:35 AM

Here are some picks that Janice helped me with.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]601766[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg  

Old 09-27-2018, 10:37 AM

And the last 10 of them.
Attached Thumbnails 11.jpg   12.jpg   13.jpg   14.jpg   15.jpg  

16.jpg   17.jpg   18.jpg   19.jpg   20.jpg  

Old 09-27-2018, 10:54 AM

QM. Amazing blocks. I love the colors you put with my pumpkins. Thank you
Old 09-27-2018, 03:25 PM

QuilterMomma, love my block. Thank you for hanging in and getting them all done. Hope you're feeling much better now and are on the uphill drag!
Old 09-27-2018, 06:25 PM

QuilterMomma, lovely blocks and especially my two. So glad to hear you are on the mend.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:36 PM

Thank you QM,love the block! It’s sure been quite the summer for quite a few of us, it can only get better. Tonight we are in Georgia, about 8 more hours of driving tomorrow and we’ll be home for the winter. Thank goodness!! I’m ready to be out of the car. Looking forward to the blocks ladies, thank you again so much for letting me be a part of the boom
Old 09-28-2018, 03:24 AM

Good morning, Waves! Just a couple of things. All shipping labels have been printed, all packages are secured and you should have gotten your tracking numbers directly from USPS. While I love seeing all the beautiful blocks, I'm always happy to have them leave. It means my job is about done...until the next time! LOL. (I received a pm this morning from a past Boomer wanting to know when the next one is starting! Makes me happy.)

As you may recall, I said I'd let you know when I heard from our missing swapper. I haven't, however, I do now have what I believe is incontrovertible evidence that she is online and active. I've suspected as much all along but kept trying to convince myself that she was somehow unable to communicate. Ummm...no. The fact is she has online access and is using it. I've mulled this news for the last few days as I prepped your packages and have come to accept that at any time she could have emailed me, or one of you, or posted here. I do not begin to understand why she dropped out, but the silence is deliberate as must be the failure to complete the Boom swap and the purple and white comfort quilt. That's the extent of what I will say. I'm accepting her withdrawal from us, from me, and moving on but I thought I'd better let you know.

I'm deeply appreciative of all of you who keep this swap going and have been supportive of each other and of me in this rough round. You are a fine group and I'm happy to host this swap. Onward and upwards!