Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Purchased Necchi Machine, have questions and need parts >

Purchased Necchi Machine, have questions and need parts

Purchased Necchi Machine, have questions and need parts

Old 06-15-2018, 06:20 PM

Default Purchased Necchi Machine, have questions and need parts

I just purchased this Necchi Miranda in a sewing cabinet for $20 at a yard sale. I didn't realize until I got it home that it says Made in USA on the motor but on the front it says Made in Italy. How can I find out how old it is and why does one part of it say Made in USA and the other in Italy?

Also, I need a new cord and a new belt for it. Anyone have an idea where I could find those parts for it?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Attached Thumbnails necchi-machine-2.jpg   necchi-miranda-2.jpg   necchi-bu-2.jpg   necchi-usa-2.jpg  
Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Banned

Sew Classic is my go to place for parts. If you don't see what you need on her website, then email her. Jenny is very good about getting parts people need. As for the motor, it was very common for machines to be shipped without motors or controllers, those were added by the distributors once they reached their destination country.

Cari
Old 06-16-2018, 06:04 PM

Love these machines! Yours looks in very nice shape, so congrats on a great find!

The BU Miranda is very similar to the NA Nora, but without the cams. Yours has the Necchi Sewing Circle motor from the New York distibutor (later Necchi Elna Circle). There is a date code on the motor that is typically within a year of the original date sold in the US. My Nora (see here: Necchi Nora) has a receipt date in 1960 and a motor dated 1959. The Miranda is the manual zigzag sister to the Nora. Both were made from the late 50s to 1961.

These are are the Italian sports car of sewing machines. Remember the tolerances are exacting and she will need to be kept clean and oiled.

The attachments from the Nora and Leila will fit if the Miranda is not listed.

K

Last edited by Treadle&Gears; 06-16-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:54 AM

The motor was added when the machine arrived in the USA