Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Red Snapper Storage >

Red Snapper Storage

Red Snapper Storage

Old 08-01-2018, 08:15 AM

Default Red Snapper Storage

Hi - Can any of you give me ideas of how to store my red snappers? How do you do it? In one quilt shop I was in, I noticed they had a couple of narrow buckets going up the side of their long-arm, but I really did not pay attention to it at the time, just remember seeing it. Do they make any storage type container(s) that attaches to your long-arm? I googled and did not find anything. If you have come up with something, would you mind attaching a picture?

Thanks for your help!
LaDonna
Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 AM

I have Leadergrips, and I just lay them down on the floor under my frame, in a long cardboard box.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

I got a roll of something or other in the mail. It came in a narrow 2' box. I just lean it against the wall. Off hand I think I would get a length of PVC pipe & just zip tie it to the quilt frame. Don't worry about having a bottom on it.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Banned

Oh, just yesterday on one of the Handi Quilter FB pages someone had a free pattern for a leader grip quiver. It's a tube that attaches to the end of your frame.

Cari
Old 08-01-2018, 12:31 PM

At our local quilt shop, they use some cut off lengths of gutter pipe with caps on the bottom end. They are attached to a table by the machine. Different length red snappers are stored in the different length gutter pipes. The pipes are square. Works great and easy to obtain and inexpensive.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:57 PM

My sewing room has sloped ceilings and walls about 3" high. I had my hubby take a length of plastic gutter and hang it behind the longarm where the ceiling meets the wall. He he didn't install the ends so it is long U and a perfect place to store my Leader Grips.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

I have all kinds of tall skinny things, including my red snappers, in these two containers between the shelving units.
One is a hamper, the other a tall waste basket.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598686[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p8130008.jpg  
Old 08-02-2018, 03:26 AM

Mine are stored in a long cardboard tube I got from a roll of batting. But quite honestly, I don’t use my snappers, I staple the backing to the leaders with a battery powered stapler. It takes me five minutes to load the backing onto the leaders this way. That’s about the time it takes to get the Red Snappers out of the tubing, and get slapped upside the head a couple of times with the Snappers, LOL
Old 08-02-2018, 06:41 AM

When I was getting new carpet installed I kept the roller the carpet came on. I cut it in half which makes it perfect height for the longer snappers. I used a 3-tier wire basket you put veggies or fruit in that hangs from the ceiling. The middle size snappers I have just sitting along side my microwave as I haven't figured out how to store them yet. No pics, sorry.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:57 AM

My husband and I went to the hardware store and bought a plastic down spout (just the straight part) and cut it the length I needed. Then I cut it in half so I would be able to get to the short snappers and used a joiner to maintain the length. I have it mounted to the wall with a removable picture hanger. The bottom of it rests on the floor.