Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone having trouble with eBay? >

Anyone having trouble with eBay?

Anyone having trouble with eBay?

Old 08-28-2018, 01:31 PM

Question Anyone having trouble with eBay?

I went to check on the status of a couple of items I purchased and up popped a window that stated my account has been "temporarily locked". I sat on hold with eBay for almost 1 hour last night (got fed up and hung up) to try and get an answer as to why this happened.

I finally set up a brand new account, but of course by doing this, I lost my entire purchasing history, watch list, pending transactions, etc. Grrrr....

Anyone else having problems? BTW - no problems at all with my PayPal account, so I don't think I was hacked. Everything I ordered via eBay was paid at the time of transaction. No other problems at all, ever, with eBay. All my comments from sellers have been 100% that they would sell to me again.

Suggestions? Solutions? Thanks!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

I have gotten e-mails that looked very official that were supposedly from e-bay.
They were phishing expeditions.

If it happens again, I will contact e-bay - through the e-bay site - before I do anything again.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:51 PM

I've never received any emails from eBay. I just got the pop-up window when I went to view my purchases. I can't access anything else on my original account and can't get eBay to answer the phone in a timely fashion...1 hour plus wait time!
Old 08-28-2018, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Anita, I buy and sell on Ebay. I've never had your problem. I can't imagine what the problem is.
A one hour wait is terrible, no wonder you gave up.
But I think I would try again to contact them.

PS. i just thought of something you can do. Call them and they have a prompt that will allow you to have them call you back. I did it just a couple of weeks ago.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a virus to me. First thing I would try is turning off the computer for a minute before turning it back on. If that doesn't work, I would run a virus scan. Some viruses are designed just to annoy, or damage a business.

Edit: I just Googled and it appears this isn't a virus. A block typically lasts 7 days. Here are some discussions that may help. (Google for even more info.)
https://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk...ed-out.157493/
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member...qaq-p/27594357
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member...qaq-p/24589230
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member...qaq-p/27616189

Looks like you will regain access after 7 days. Meanwhile, it may be a matter of which phone number you can find to call to resolve the issue sooner.

Last edited by Prism99; 08-28-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the links, Prism99. I read through them, but really no solutions mentioned. The only one that was helpful was the one that said that someone was perhaps trying to hack the account, got password wrong a few times, so eBay locked down account. I will try to get someone at eBay again tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:05 AM

What a pia. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
I've never received any emails from eBay. I just got the pop-up window when I went to view my purchases. I can't access anything else on my original account and can't get eBay to answer the phone in a timely fashion...1 hour plus wait time!
I haven't had any problems with ebay that they haven't solved quickly. As for the wait times, I have them call me back rather than waiting on the phone. It's usually within a few minutes of what they say the hold time is. Far less aggravation on my part. Patience is not one of my virtues.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:24 AM

Check to see if your credit card needs updating. If your card expires and you do not update, they lock your account.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Innov8R View Post
Check to see if your credit card needs updating. If your card expires and you do not update, they lock your account.
I haven't used Ebay in several years. I went there to check my account after reading this post and I was able to log on. My cc card info is way out of date, don't even have it anymore, but it didn't lock me out of my account.