Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bargello Christmas Stardust Pattern >

Bargello Christmas Stardust Pattern

Bargello Christmas Stardust Pattern

Old 10-15-2018, 01:38 PM

Unhappy Bargello Christmas Stardust Pattern

Just started making the Christmas Stardust Bargello Quilt.. Totally confused got all my background pieces sewn but the pattern says easy but......... I still can't fig it out... Do I still make it into a tube and cut the strips according to odd and even sizes? \

Please help if you can..
Marge1
Old 10-15-2018, 01:59 PM

I had never seen this quilt pattern- very pretty! I would email Ann Lauer at Grizzly Gulch Gallery since it was her design. Here's contact info: https://grizzlygulchgallery.com/contact-info/ Thanks for posting and look forward to your finish.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to this board.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:57 PM

Pretty Pattern. I hope you get if figured out. I have not made a Bargello, but that particular design has a definite pattern. Look at these directions for an Quick Trip Around the world. http://jellyrollsfabric.com/wp-conte...-The-World.pdf

Although the sizes of the strips are different, the pattern is very similar to the top half of a Quick Trip but with neutral outside rows. Personally, I probably wouldn't sew into a tube, I would just adjust my rows to match the pattern picture, adding or unsewing fabric at whichever end needs it. I hope I haven't confused you totally. The idea of working from a tube would strain my patience. Especially with a small quilt like this.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 10-15-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:37 AM

I believe you do sew it into a tube and then do your cutting. I made a Christmas Bargello table topper and that is the way it was done.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:22 AM

I think you should pick out your strip colors and sew the strips together. Then sew the end to make a tube and cut as wide of strips as you want. Then unsew each strip at a place. unsew the next strip one color off from that and lay it by the first strip. Then unsew the 2nd strip 2 colors off and place it by the original strip. proceed this way to get your design. If doing the side of the tree that is opposite start one color on top and proceed in the opposite direction to unsew and that should build the reverse design.I might even try this just for the intrigue of it.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:52 AM

I have made a lot of Bargello quilts. It is very possible to skip the "sew into a tube" instructions. I find it much easier to cut if it isn't in that tube shape. I am making one right now that says to sew into a tube, but I am skipping that part.

So do what feels right for you. That I is a beautiful Christmas tree Bargello pattern. Hmmmm, I may just need that.

Dina
Old 10-17-2018, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Marge1 .... did you contact the designer to ask more?
It's a really interesting pattern and I hope it turns out well for you.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:51 AM

Hi - did you ever figure this out? I ordered a kit from Connecting Threads several years ago, and finally started working on it. Well, the number of fabrics included are less than what the pattern calls for. And I'm having an extremely difficult time figuring out the pattern. I can pull additional fabrics from my stash (but that's irritating), and I'm not sure that i understand the pattern. I've made a bargello quilt from an Eileen Wright patter, and that was really easy. This does not seem to meet the "fast and easy" description.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:38 PM

I'm surprised that your kit included less than what the pattern calls for. In my experience and those of my quilting buddies and guild family, Connecting Threads has *always* been very generous in their kits. Sorry I can't help you with the bargello, I've never made one.