Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
MSQC advent box; Jenny’s favorite things >

MSQC advent box; Jenny’s favorite things

MSQC advent box; Jenny’s favorite things

Old 01-07-2019, 05:51 PM

What fun! Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

Pamela, thanks for the excellent review. I was hoping you would get some really nice things towards the end because nothing you showed us piqued my interest at all. I'm really surprised as MSQC is one of my favorite places. I got the Sew Sampler Jolly Box- total waste of money! I was disappointed but will never get that again. Live and learn I guess.
The Jolly Box had cute fabric but all the rest was junk.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:09 PM

Dear Pam, Thanks for sharing your experience. I feel disappointed for You!

I honestly think you should copy and paste your review and send it to MSQC. They should know how disappointed you were..............and I bet their were lots of other quilters feeling the same.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:38 PM

It was fun to read through everything. It makes sense that long time quilters would be disappointed. We have most of these items and the promotional things you might buy as a souvenirs if it's cheap enough but probably wouldn't be tempted. I went to Hamilton and had a great time but I would not want to order promotional items.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:07 AM

Just to help others who may search for info on the MSQC Christmas advent box, I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I bought this year's box! I couldn't find a thread on a 2019 box, so don't know if there was one? Having purchased this year's box, I wanted to say that it is clearly a significant improvement over the one reviewed in this thread. So far all the items, with maybe the exception of a drink coaster and a cup, have been directly quilting and/or sewing related and I'm pretty happy with it (and it's only day 10!). I've gotten 2 patterns (one including applique fabric cutouts), batting seam tape, a charm pack of Christmas fabric, 2 spools of thread, small quilt wall hanger, 2 decorative zippers & a pattern to use them, a thimble, and a bobbin holder along with the ceramic coaster and cup. The value of the items seems consistent with what I expected based on the cost of the box.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:05 AM

Wink Nice quilty items in your 2020 box!

Originally Posted by leheath8 View Post
Just to help others who may search for info on the MSQC Christmas advent box, I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I bought this year's box! I couldn't find a thread on a 2019 box, so don't know if there was one? Having purchased this year's box, I wanted to say that it is clearly a significant improvement over the one reviewed in this thread. So far all the items, with maybe the exception of a drink coaster and a cup, have been directly quilting and/or sewing related and I'm pretty happy with it (and it's only day 10!). I've gotten 2 patterns (one including applique fabric cutouts), batting seam tape, a charm pack of Christmas fabric, 2 spools of thread, small quilt wall hanger, 2 decorative zippers & a pattern to use them, a thimble, and a bobbin holder along with the ceramic coaster and cup. The value of the items seems consistent with what I expected based on the cost of the box.
Thanks for the update as you listed your items were more quilting related than the ones shared in this thread. I bet they listened to the customers reviews and made improvements.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:00 PM

Thanks for sharing a picture of your gifts each day. My favorites would be the ruler and the pins. Bet it was fun to open a little present each day.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing everything with us. I think I have gotten better secret santa boxes here on the board than what was in this box, for sure! We quilters are a generous group of ladies.