Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pink Baby Quilt >

Pink Baby Quilt

Pink Baby Quilt

Old 02-24-2019, 08:42 PM

Default Pink Baby Quilt

My hairdresser has asked me to make 2 pink quilts (for twins) for a co-worker. Definitely pink, same pattern, different fabric, but pink.

After thinking about this for a couple of days, I think this is almost impossible. All pink doesn’t seem very exciting and to get pinks that will go together, and last but not least, a pattern. Any suggestions.

I made a really cute quilt when my GGD was born, used jelly rolls with pink, green, blue purple, yellow and had a piano border. Have gathered some of these colors together, has nine blocks, thinking use pink for the main partfor 4-5 and then mix in the other colors for the other blocks, then use pink for the border, different on each one.

If I can’t come up with an idea in the next week, if she is still stuck on pink, I think I’ll have to tell I can’t do. Twins won’t be born for 2-3 months.

You can tell I need some help from you. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:52 PM

I just had grandtwins (boy and girl) 3 months ago (you can see their photo I just posted in the Personal Diaries thread--proud grandma here!). After much thought, I decided to make an X's and O's quilt for her, and a snowball quilt for him.

My Grandlambs' Quilts

I chose a focus fabric to use in both, but made his blues and light tans, and hers greys and pinks. You might do an X and O quilt and make one pink and grey, one pink and green or pink and white? Check Pinterest for X's and O's quilts, then find a cute focus fabric to start your hunt.

Last edited by zozee; 02-24-2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add link
Old 02-24-2019, 09:04 PM

Twin girls, huh? All pink could be just one fabric for the back and one for the front, but I suspect that is not what your friend has in mind!

May I suggest using a Hello Kitty Panel and go from there? I don't know any young girls who don't love Hello Kitty!

Another idea is to make a chevron quilt with pink and another color. I made one in a peach print and a coordinating brown print and hated to give it to the baby. But I did.

Last suggestion from me: Get a couple of alphabet panels and cut the letters apart, sash them and put a nice border on them. Sashing and borders could be different so the girls can tell them apart.

Have fun!
Old 02-24-2019, 09:31 PM
Power Poster

Pink, grey and white in a chevron pattern will be cute and modern looking.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:47 AM
Power Poster

You can use a dark pink and a pale pink and do them the opposite on each quilt. Maybe two different medium pinks can be used on each for a third color. Sounds like Grandma will be having a delightful time with twin grandbabies.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:21 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609195[/ATTACH]I took all the pink fabric I had and made a rail fence. Took forever.
Attached Thumbnails 20190204_155720_resized.jpg  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:00 AM

I made two pink scrappy quilts for twin girls about 12 years ago. Put accents of orange in with hot pink, pink, etc. Just used different blocks for each (Ohio Star for one, and Shoo Fly for the other). They turned out great.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:15 AM

If the weather wasn't so bad - I'd say come visit me and I'll help you with pinks. I did a My Little Pony in pinks, and pulled over 150 different pinks from my stash (and stayed away from the coral and peach).

If you need to buy yardage, find a two color pattern and use light and dark pink. Swap the light/dark for the second quilt so you'll have two the same pattern and fabric, but very different looks.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:15 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609196[/ATTACH]How about this one? You could do it in all pinks, using a different pink focus pattern for each child. It is all HST's and it's easy so would go together quickly.

Watson
Attached Thumbnails dscn8585.jpg  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:19 AM

I bought 3 FQs of 4 different coordinating colors. Mine were yellow and gray but pink and gray will do nicely. Have different prints for each quilt. Cut 6 inch squares from each FQ and lay them out on a design wall. They both will be pink but different.