Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
if you had to choose between the two.... >

if you had to choose between the two....

if you had to choose between the two....

Old 04-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Default if you had to choose between the two....

I might be able to go on a girls week/or long weekend. ((squeeeeeeel!!!)

Would you rather do Paducah, KY's quilt show in September, or MIssouri Star Quilt any time of the year.

Pros/cons for each, please?

Thanks!
Chris
Old 04-24-2019, 01:10 PM

I have been to Paducah so MSQC would be my vote. The fall show in Ky is smaller than the spring show. But, if you have not been to either it is still enjoyable
Old 04-24-2019, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Paducah for sure!
Old 04-24-2019, 01:46 PM

While MSQC is a wonderful place to experience, it’s in the middle of nowhere. For a girls’ weekend, I would want more choices of non-quilting things to do and places to eat. Paducah — I’ve never been, but want to, but since I’m not crazy about crowds, I’d opt to go in the off season. September in KY is still really hot and humid, so I’d get cranky unless I could stay in AC or jump in a pool.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:09 PM

more clarity please
Do want to be all quilt morning noon night?
I'd book into the MS retreat rooms and maybe do two stores a day, savor them. and stitch the rest of the time.

the AQS show isn't the end all be all it used to be as they have five (?) shows spread around the country now, Detroit is very good from what my friend in MI says, and there is the one in Nashville and don't know where all else.

Many members here seem more interested in the big AQS merchant malls than the show. The museum is $25.00 a person and I wouldn't want to go through it during show time. We were there for the fall show and there was a line out the door every time we went by. I have visited the museum non-show time and felt it was worth the money.

So. Do you want to shop or sew? Blend in a lot of interests or sew? Give us some info!
Old 04-24-2019, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
The museum is $25.00 a person and I wouldn't want to go through it during show time. We were there for the fall show and there was a line out the door every time we went by. I have visited the museum non-show time and felt it was worth the money.
Admission to the Quilt Museum is still $12. Or you can pay $16 to get a guided tour.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Missouri Star would be my choice, since I hate being around a crowd, and that's what would be at the shows, versus MSQC any time of the year.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:32 PM

paducah! I'm hoping to go down either this Fall or next Spring with some friends. I've been once when there was no show happening--the museum is great and I've been told that during a show there are lots of pop-up vendors, etc. I live near enough to MSQC that I've been 3 times--it's an amazing experience but for a whole weekend? It's basically shops of all sorts. I do know some quilters that have attended one of their retreats and had a great time-but my guild does a couple of retreats a year that are much cheaper.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:52 AM

My friend and I are going to MSQC and to see the national quilt museum in Paducah in a couple of weeks We will be gone for 5 days. I can hardly wait. MSQC has been on my bucket list for a long time.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 AM

Paducah! But really want to go both places.