Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing table insert >

Sewing table insert

Sewing table insert

Old 05-27-2019, 07:09 AM

I bought my Horn nearly 20 years ago it's no longer offered on their site. It along with my 20 year old Viking Husqvarna #1 and #1+ machines are the best purchases I made! How do you say all around quality!

My husband made a template around my machine and then cut a thick piece of acrylic, (I'm sure he purchased a sheet from Home Depot) to fit around the machine. It's wonderful if you or someone you know who is handy it's an economical way to instantly have that flat surface. My Horn also had the big drop down table behind the sewing area that supports the quilts when trying to quilt, I also purchased side cabinets to store thread and misc items all so handy and well constructed. Also if you are someone who has multiple machines having custom cut inserts for a different machine would be nice too! Both of my machines have the same 'footprint' so the insert works for which ever machine I'm using.

I just looked at the model you purchased and my table must be the fore runner of yours. My lift isn't electric, my side drawer isn't a pull out extension, like the one demonstrated, that will be so handy for you! I cannot tell you how many times I pull the drawer out for extra support having it be an extension would be awesome! When I pull out my drawer everything in the drawer is exposed, no explanation needed here :0). My drop leaf behind the machine is larger and again that is such a wonderful addition! You will Love, Love this table. Horn customer service is wonderful.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 05-27-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:27 PM

To onaemtnest: if you haven’t found the pattern for the star quilt yet, it is Exploding Stars by Teajuana Mahone. I have mine at the quilters now. Started 6 years ago at a retreat, she gave classes on this pattern