Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about a sewing machine that is out of commission >

Question about a sewing machine that is out of commission

Question about a sewing machine that is out of commission

Old 06-23-2019, 02:41 PM

Default Question about a sewing machine that is out of commission

My Pfaff 7530 finally died. I think the motherboard went out. My question is would there be anything that is salvageable on this machine, by the way of parts? I wanted to check before it goes to the scrap bin.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

I don't know your machine ..... however, take note a motherboard can be replaced.

Of course, there is the possibility that the machine is not worth the cost of replacing it.
Or it is just a good excuse to get a new machine?
Old 06-23-2019, 03:30 PM

I had a 7530 that I bought in 1999. I loved that machine. I traded it in 2 years ago. If you can, call a Pfaff dealer to see if you can replace the motherboard and at what cost. It may not be worth it even if it is possible. Also ask if there are parts that would be useable.

I'm sorry your machine died. The 75 series of the Creative Pfaff are great machines.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:47 AM

I don't know anything about Pfaff sewing machines, but I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer I that I bought in 2000, and it has electronic issues, goes crazy sewing on its own if it is used for 2 hours at a time. When I inquired about getting it repaired they told me it would cost about $2000. I decided that was a good time to change manufacturers and get a new machine. I now own a couple Babylock machines. No one wanted the Viking for a trade-in, so it sits in a corner in case I need an "emergency" machine. For the cost of repairs I got a Babylock Katherine with money to spare.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:24 AM

If a repair shop doesn't want it for parts then it's time for the trash bin.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 AM

I replaced the motherboard on my Pfaff 7510. What made me angry was the fact that it was not a new board but one that had been reworked. I paid $300 but that was quite a few years ago. I thought that price was certainly a lot cheaper than buying a new machine.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:57 AM

Check you bobbin casing. These are often parts that fail sooner or later and can be used in other models. Save all your tools and spool ends. The threader parts are also pieces that fail frequently and can be used from one model to another. If your machine travels with you like some of mine do another thing that breaks from time to time is the thread holders. They are plastic and break easily. I have had to replace 3 one on my Pfaff. Light bulbs too. When quilting with our machines some parts will wear out much quicker than others. One other thing. The motherboard is not difficult to install. If it is still available, you may want to ask a computer geek to put it in for you. It should reset the entire machine for you if it is the motherboard. I have replace a couple in older machines with little to no difficulty.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:31 AM

If the foot control doesn't have a short in it, it is worth selling. Also, you may want to sell the presser feet and any other accessories.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:57 AM

I'm sorry your machine died. The 75 series of the Creative Pfaff are great machines.[/QUOTE]

I have a 7570 that was dealer 'repaired' in March but still does not sew right and have set it aside. Was something in the head and never mentioned the motherboard having an issue. Repair cost $250 and am using an Evensewn Sparrow 30 instead of putting more money into the Pfaff. I never used the embroidery stuff that came with the Pfaff.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 AM

Thanks everyone for the input. I have a back-up machine so I do not plan to put any money into fixing the Pfaff. I will just remove some of the parts that might be used later on and scrap it.