Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fusible interfacing for T-shirt quilts >

Fusible interfacing for T-shirt quilts

Fusible interfacing for T-shirt quilts

Old 07-16-2019, 04:47 AM

Default Fusible interfacing for T-shirt quilts

Good morning! What kind of fusible interfacing do y’all use for making T-shirt quilts? Thanks.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:21 AM

Check out Lisa Capin on You Tube, she has awesome tutorials on making t shirt quilts.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:08 PM

made about 30 of those things and have found that Pellon Shapefuse (it's a woven net that is stetchable in one direction only--be aware of which way the stretch is going--best if opposite of the way the t-shirt stretches most) is my go-to. A LQS sells it in 54" width which means much less waste. My next fav is Pellon 911F--it's very fine and flexible,but doesn't seem to fuse quilt as easy (really needs heat and steam) and I can only find in 24" width. I fine that the all poly shirts (like soccer shirts) and those that have the holes in them are needing less heat to fuse.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:08 PM

I used Pellon 911F. I have not done many tshirt quilts at all but it worked fine for me.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
made about 30 of those things and have found that Pellon Shapefuse (it's a woven net that is stetchable in one direction only--be aware of which way the stretch is going--best if opposite of the way the t-shirt stretches most) is my go-to. A LQS sells it in 54" width which means much less waste. My next fav is Pellon 911F--it's very fine and flexible,but doesn't seem to fuse quilt as easy (really needs heat and steam) and I can only find in 24" width. I fine that the all poly shirts (like soccer shirts) and those that have the holes in them are needing less heat to fuse.
Pellon 911F for me. Had no problems