Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What do you use to carry notions to retreats or sewing sessions? >

What do you use to carry notions to retreats or sewing sessions?

What do you use to carry notions to retreats or sewing sessions?

Old 04-05-2022, 05:26 PM

I used plastic boxes. I have one for the machine stuff and one for hand sewing. I do have duplicates now. I got lucky and got 2 pair of Gingher shears at an estate sale for $3 each. They were even sharp! So I just leave the stuff in the boxes and ready to go.

And I found one of these https://www.tonic-studios.com/produc...in-caddy-1643e also at an estate sale. I use it by my cutting table to hold pins, scissors, rotary cutter, markers. I think I"m going to buy another just to take to my quilting bee.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 04-05-2022 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 03:13 AM

I love the Catch All Bag but it's wide open, I'd look for something with a zipper to enclose everything in case I drop it or it gets knocked over. I made a tote bag with lots of pockets to carry all my stuff. A fellow quilter searched all the thrift stores and bought a really nice purse with tons of pockets, she loves it for her notions and things.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:28 AM

I have a tackle box that has a lid that opens separately from the larger bottom part. The top part holds smaller items and the bottom is deep enough for thread spools, larger scissors, rotary cutters, etc. it’s perfect - thunk,I found it years ago at Walmart. Both parts are sectioned so items don’t roll all over the place. My pins are in a magnetized little dish and others are kept in small containers (my appliqué pins are tiny). It’s been very handy for machine sewing. I keep my appliqué tools in a separate container - which can vary depending on what I’m doing, my hexies are kept separate from everything else.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 04-07-2022, 03:20 PM

Catch All Caddy 2.0 (byannie.com)

I made this in sewing fabric to match my collapsible scraps bin and my sewing mat. It holds a lot of stuff!