Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just ordered a Janome 6650 >

Just ordered a Janome 6650

Just ordered a Janome 6650

Old 11-11-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
Sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy your new sewing machine.
I think Janome make the best sewing machines.
I too think Janome makes one of the best machines. I have 2 Janome machines and love them to life! One needs to go in now for a good cleaning and tune up. I have probably worked it close to death. I used it everyday for more than 11 years and it is still going strong. When I bought a Brother Embroidery machine I put it aside. Now I go between machines making sure to use each one from time to time to insure they know they are much loved.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:42 AM

SusieQOH: Costco has sold many machines over the years, mostly Janomes. This is the first time they've had a machine that I couldn't resist. I think they sold the 6500 (which seemed really nice but not quite what I wanted) before picking up the 6650 and they have the 9900. Yes, I love Costco. I priced out some of the options I would have gotten with the 6700 that I'll have to buy with the 6650. Considering Costco's return policy, it's worth it to just get this machine and the accessories. If the machine dies and I have to return it, I can easily sell the accessories. And most of the sewing stores here want a "trade-in" to give you the best price. My ladies already have a home, thank you ;-). I'm silly about my loyalty to my sewing machines, I know, but I already had a conversation with my Pfaff 7550, telling her that she isn't being set aside, just doesn't have to work as hard, LOL.

feffertim: Thanks for the feedback. What is it about these machines and their needle threaders? They make them so complicated and they always seem to fail. Sigh.

mea12: The Costco $200 off deal is over, unfortunately. They may offer it again sometime though. I hope so. I will keep you posted on how I like it.

juliasb: You sound a little like me in your loyalty and sentimentality toward sewing machines (probably not as bad as me, ha-ha.). When they perform well, they certainly feel like friends that deserve friendship in return! ;-).

One more day until it's here!
Old 11-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Teresa, I'm so excited for you! Now please tell me not to look there bc I don't need another machine
Old 11-11-2019, 02:06 PM

By accident I ended up with a Janome machine about 15 years ago and have never regretted it. Even now I discover little things about the machine that I didn't know existed. Just had to add my two cents and tell you you will love every day with your new buddy.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Teresa, I'm so excited for you! Now please tell me not to look there bc I don't need another machine
If it helps at all, the sale is over ;-)....although sometimes you can still get the sale price in your cart for another day past the sale date.....(no affil).
Old 11-11-2019, 05:16 PM

I hope I'll love it! I think I will. The throat space alone will be refreshing.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Congratulations on your new sewing machine purchase. I have a Janome 6600 and love it. I bought it used and have been sewing on it for about 9 years and no problems at all. I do have it maintained about every 18 months and it works so good for me.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Congratulations on your new sewing machine purchase. I have a Janome 6600 and love it. I bought it used and have been sewing on it for about 9 years and no problems at all. I do have it maintained about every 18 months and it works so good for me.
Thank you! Waiting on the UPS person now. He or she cannot come soon enough!!!!! ;-).

Hopefully this will be a good machine for me.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:07 PM

Love my Janome 6600. Almost 7 years old no issues. Sew every day and on all kinds of projects. Initially bought it when it was recommended by a woman who owned a quilt shop near me and ran her "stable" of Janome's everyday for years without issue.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 PM

Got it! It's big and beautiful and has thread issues when I'm quilting. I need to start fresh tomorrow and figure out if I can fix the problems.