Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Getting my dream sewing studio >

Getting my dream sewing studio

Getting my dream sewing studio

Old 02-17-2020, 07:42 AM

DH and I have been concentrating on getting the old place cleaned and ready to go on the market. Put in another two long days this weekend and the house is finally done. There is still stuff in the out buildings to deal with but that can wait until we've got a buyer if needed.

I did manage to clean off my cutting table last weekend. We had bad weather on Sunday so no trip to the old place. I pulled out a project to work on, a block of the week I started last year and didn't keep up on. I made sure to print out all the patterns and had them in a binder - I looked and looked and could not find that binder anywhere! I went through everything in the sewing studio multiple times! Totally took the wind out of my sails for sewing.

Got to talking to DH about it later that evening and told him I was sure I had it somewhere - because I'd had to reprint a few of the pages as I'd got the scale off - and the last place I saw it was on the table in the Den . . . Turns out DH had just taken everything off that table and put it in a box and it was still in the box in the new family room as we've not got that all set up yet. I sure was glad to find my binder! But then it was too late to get any sewing done.

I do need to take pictures - but I'm not sure where my camera is!

Old 02-18-2020, 04:18 AM

Glad it's not just me that has days like that! I know how I can get side tracked too and finally feel worn out before I get to start what I intended. Moving and settling in does take time. It will all happen, eventually! Our daughter is looking at homes (her first purchase), and she's in an area where there are a lot more buyers than sellers. So frustrating for her, as her current rental situation is not the best. Hope it all falls into place for her and we can help her move this year and get into "her" place!

We did have some rough blizzard weather, too, and got about another 5 or 6 inches yesterday. Getting anxious for spring weather to get here!

Hope your find that camera, too!