Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2020 >

What are we organizing today 2020

What are we organizing today 2020

Old 01-06-2020, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
I finished my quilt top and cut up all my scraps. Typically, I'll try and make a 2nd quilt with the leftovers but there was just not enough large pieces...so I cut them up. I have 2 empty project/art bins.. Woohoo..
Teen, you may remember these two scrap quilts I finished; if not, this would be an ideal way to use them up in an easy way! I haven't done another like it, but know I will.

My first panto quilt..not as easy as it seems!

The Tale of a Simiple Strip Quilt
Old 01-06-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I'm going to try the 5 book de-stash. Thanks Tallchick.
The credit for this one goes to Rryder (Rob) ! Though I did say I intended to follow suit and it is a brilliant idea!
Old 01-06-2020, 04:58 PM

Over the weekend I did get three more bins of solids pressed folded and sorted, and I think one more will do for the solids then it’s time for blenders. I got most of my yardage neatly folded and sorted and placed in bins. It’s tedious, but it will be worth it in the end. Note to self I don’t need anymore bolts of neutral in this lifetime or the next!
Old 01-06-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Teen, you may remember these two scrap quilts I finished; if not, this would be an ideal way to use them up in an easy way! I haven't done another like it, but know I will.

My first panto quilt..not as easy as it seems!

The Tale of a Simiple Strip Quilt
oh yes...I remember the first one and loved it when you first posted. Excellent option. I don't recall seeing the plaid one but that is cool, too.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:46 AM

I set off yesterday with a goal in mind to take down the Christmas tree and declutter the extra bedroom where my Grace frame is located.. I successfully conquered the living room and all that is left are boxes that need to be broken down from gift giving. The spare room, I found the bed!! It was under all kinds of quilty things. I put them all away except for a couple things. Now I am realizing that I could have done better so it will be back in there to remake the bed and add more quilts to the bed. I have a number of quilts that require some repairs done on them and a couple UFO's in there too. After I remake the bed it will be much plumper to say the least and I will have more walk way around the Grace Frame. Back to more decluttering. The projected goal after this is to tackle my sewing studio. Now that will be the challenge.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:32 AM

I'm continuing with sewing up selvedges. Toward the end of last year's thread I showed a photo, by organizing by color then rolling up and putting in baggies, I went from a mid-sized bin to a shoebox sized one. Now between the Bonnie Hunter mystery clues I'm sewing blocks, and Loving seeing that block stack, stack up
Attached Thumbnails kalamaquilts-selvedges.jpg  
Old 01-07-2020, 04:29 PM

We moved in October and I still haven't figured out everything I have to do about storing my ever-expanding stash. But I did a little clean-up today as I'm hosting my small group of long-arm and mid-arm quilters on Thursday morning. I also got a quilt ready to put on my mid-arm frame so group members can do some ruler work practice while here.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:39 AM

I was rummaging around in my sewing cabinet for a tape measure day before yesterday and decided to take everything out of the door bins and the bottom shelf and only put back what belongs there. As I was pulling stuff out of the bottom shelf I heard something hit the floor. Low and Behold, there was my favorite free motion hopping foot that I thought had been lost at a sewing class last spring. It's not an expensive one, just a generic metal oval ring foot, but I'd modified it by cutting part of the metal out and filing it down nice and smooth for extra good visibility when quilting on my domestic machines. I had been thinking about trying to find another one on eBay and now I don't have to! I was so happy to have found it that I immediately put it on my PC420 and did some free motion stitching to secure some appliqué on a large quilt. It would have been easier to have used the Sweet 16 for this, but I wanted to celebrate finding the old foot and not having to buy a new one LOL!

Who'd thunk that organizing could generate such excitement?

Rob
Old 01-08-2020, 03:17 PM

Lol@Rob... What a nice surprise and.... you organized, too. Win-win..
Old 01-08-2020, 05:32 PM

Rob: Wahoo to finding your favorite FM hopping foot! It’s always nice to find lost items.