Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Planner >

Quilting Planner

Quilting Planner

Old 01-02-2020, 06:54 AM

Default Quilting Planner

Does anyone use these and if so find a planner helpful? Also if you use one which one do you use?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2020, 08:41 AM

I was just wondering the same as Joan - I currently don't use one and have a "timeline/planner" in my head . LOL maybe I should use one so that I stay on track with my current projects and possibly get more accomplished!
Old 01-02-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Joan in AK View Post
Does anyone use these and if so find a planner helpful? Also if you use one which one do you use?
Thanks
I always wish I had a planner that designed, kept the patterns I used, held a photo and information and who I gave/sold t he quilt to. I also wanted dates I started and completed a quilt. In other words everything about a quilt that I made.
In the early years I kept a note book and as time progressed I got sloppy and hopefully just remembered to photograph the quilts. Now I wish I had a planner that would let me fill in all the blanks I could.

If there is one out here I am so interested. What are you using if any, at this time? This is a thread I will be closely following
Sometime during the summer I picked up, from a thread here I think, a sample for a digital planner. Here is the link to the home page. Her planner from the sample I have looks to be the most promising. The Cost is a bit high IMHO but considering what I have to go back and do it is looking pretty good to me. Here is the link https://www.patchworkplanner.com .Let me know what you think of it.

Last edited by juliasb; 01-02-2020 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:13 AM

google "free download quilt planner" - there are so many out there!
Old 01-02-2020, 10:25 AM

You can also google quilting planner for ones to buy. I looked for free ones but didn’t see any that looked good. Maybe I need to look again.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I always wish I had a planner that designed, kept the patterns I used, held a photo and information and who I gave/sold t he quilt to. I also wanted dates I started and completed a quilt. In other words everything about a quilt that I made.
In the early years I kept a note book and as time progressed I got sloppy and hopefully just remembered to photograph the quilts. Now I wish I had a planner that would let me fill in all the blanks I could.

If there is one out here I am so interested. What are you using if any, at this time? This is a thread I will be closely following
Sometime during the summer I picked up, from a thread here I think, a sample for a digital planner. Here is the link to the home page. Her planner from the sample I have looks to be the most promising. The Cost is a bit high IMHO but considering what I have to go back and do it is looking pretty good to me. Here is the link https://www.patchworkplanner.com .Let me know what you think of it.
i checked the planner out and liked it. The price wasn’t bad, but it is out of stock. I will text the site to find out if there will be more.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:34 AM

I got this one from Amazon. I've just started quilting so I think it will be pretty easy to fill it out up to now. I haven't started filling it out yet but it has two pages/quilt. One that has the details of date started, ended; pattern, designer/source, who it's for and notes. It also has a grid section on the bottom of that page where you could do a quick design. The facing page is labelled for photos and swatches. There are some black pages at the back for whatever you want.

https://www.amazon.ca/Quilting-Journ...37754995&psc=1

Old 01-02-2020, 10:51 AM

Patchwork Posse also has a set of planning pages to download for free.

https://www.patchworkposse.com/16-da...er-printables/
Old 01-02-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tish05 View Post
I got this one from Amazon. I've just started quilting so I think it will be pretty easy to fill it out up to now. I haven't started filling it out yet but it has two pages/quilt. One that has the details of date started, ended; pattern, designer/source, who it's for and notes. It also has a grid section on the bottom of that page where you could do a quick design. The facing page is labelled for photos and swatches. There are some black pages at the back for whatever you want.

https://www.amazon.ca/Quilting-Journ...37754995&psc=1
that looks like a good price.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:39 PM

I've always like the idea of a planner, but never found one that suits me without lots of wasted space.

I finally took some time and made a quilting journal/planner in Microsoft Excel that has everything i need, and I can put pictures in it from my cell phone. That was one of the things I really needed since I take lots of pics. I never figured out a good way to get pics in a physical planner.