Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Toy. Need help identifying >

New Toy. Need help identifying

New Toy. Need help identifying

Old 01-05-2020, 08:26 AM

Default New Toy. Need help identifying

https://imgur.com/C6pjwzPHello!! I just got this singer machine the other day for $18. I tried to look it up online from the number plate on the front but I did not have any luck. I was wondering if someone on here could help?

I'll upload a picture.

Hopefully this link works.. As the page wouldn't let me directly upload.

https://imgur.com/C6pjwzP

Last edited by KamiiKaze; 01-05-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Tried to add photo link
Old 01-05-2020, 08:31 AM

https://imgur.com/nJVtmHs
Old 01-05-2020, 09:24 AM

It looks like you have a "Rebuilt" Singer 27 machine. I think it may have been rebuilt in the 1940s. The machine itself would have been made in 1891. There were several companies that would rebuild machines by putting a crinkle finish on them. Also would put a motor and probably light on. Like yours, sometimes they would add a reverse device and/or quick release for the pressure regulator. I think those features on yours are probably Revco parts.

There is some good info about this practice at post #4 at Great Eastern Rebuilt Singer

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
...There is some good info about this practice at post #4 at Great Eastern Rebuilt Singer

Here is the direct link Great Eastern Rebuilt Singer
To get a direct link, click on the post# and the URL changes to the exact post.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
To get a direct link, click on the post# and the URL changes to the exact post.
Yes, I know and if one just right clicks the number of the post it can be copied, without it opening a new tab and then copying the link. However, there is other information on the page that is helpful. The link you gave only shows the single post. (IIRC the 'old' format would take to the linked post but the other posts were visible to just scroll up and down through the "thread.") I had to hunt around to find the link to the whole thread page. Many times if I haven't been able to scroll through the rest of the page, I just drop it.

By the time I figured I wanted to edit my post, I was out of the time limit to do so.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 01-05-2020 at 10:11 AM. Reason: add'l info
Old 01-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
It looks like you have a "Rebuilt" Singer 27 machine. I think it may have been rebuilt in the 1940s. The machine itself would have been made in 1891. There were several companies that would rebuild machines by putting a crinkle finish on them. Also would put a motor and probably light on. Like yours, sometimes they would add a reverse device and/or quick release for the pressure regulator. I think those features on yours are probably Revco parts.

There is some good info about this practice at post #4 at Great Eastern Rebuilt Singer

Thanks so much! I'm excited to YouTube how to thread that bobbin and try it out. Hopefully worth the $18!! 😊😂
Old 01-05-2020, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by KamiiKaze View Post
Thanks so much! I'm excited to YouTube how to thread that bobbin and try it out. Hopefully worth the $18!! 😊😂
A manual can be found at https://res.cloudinary.com/singer-se.../268_27_28.pdf which would not have the reverse or the pressure release instructions. It shouldn't be very difficult to figure those out, but if you have trouble, let us know.

Not affiliated with off-site link