Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 17-20, 2020

Old 01-17-2020, 10:57 AM

Just took a break for lunch, no snow yet but looks like its going to be here soon, the sky is getting that gray look.
I have been steadily piecing today, just haven't felt like doing any free motion, I work on that tomorrow. I have Pandora on and found some Hawaiian music to convince me it's warm. (18 with a wind chill of 2)
Love the pictures, keep up the fun.
Oops spoke to soon snow just hit.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:21 PM

Thank you Raggiemom for hosting this weekend. It was predicted for snow this Friday and the rain, sleet, and ice. All we have received is the sleet and ice. But I am not stepping outside even for the mail. So I guess I'll be piecing and binding. I am working on a quilt that has 12" blocks to be a 70x94" quilt. I got three fourths of the blocks completed. I am working toward having all the blocks complete by "MLK Day". Cause I want to take them to circle on Tuesday of next week. I plan to bind at least one of the 'kids quilt' during this weekend. So I'd better stop playing around with this computer and move on to the sewing machine

Have a happy sewing day everyone

Cherryb
Old 01-17-2020, 12:43 PM

Cherryb - I don't know how you people south of us deal with that Ice. At least in snow you can usually find traction to walk and drive. We had a Ice storm a few weeks ago and I didn't even think about going out, only up side it kept raining and finally melted all the ice.

Yep still snowing, just got the mail and we have a little over a inch of fine powder. Should be easy to blow.
Time to do some ripping, a few of the strips I did last week were off in the seam allowance.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:10 PM

Success!!! After saying I would do, thought I better get with it. Got the back finished for one quilt. Rolled them together with the binding and labeled the size. One down, one to go. The fabrics chosen and enough there to do it. Took a break to ice my shoulder. Having lunch then back at it.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:42 PM

Working on a new collage of a sunflower.
My Flying Geese class is tomorrow but there is a major snow storm coming so we will have to see whether the class goes ahead or not.
I have an idea for a wallhanging but will have to do a whole bunch of math to figure it out so that may stay an idea for some time.
Watson
Old 01-17-2020, 05:31 PM

Got a bunch more micro quilting done on one UFO. Having fun with it, which is good since it’ll take several more intense days of quilting to get it done.

Rob
Old 01-17-2020, 05:44 PM

I'm done for the day, DH came home early. I cleaned the driveway then the snow plow came through and plastered the end of the driveway. Oh well that's life in Minnesota.
More sewing tomorrow!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:57 PM

CherryB--we must live in the same part of KS--what happened to the snow--this ice stinks! At least (so far) we haven't lost electricity.

While I've been doing lots of quilting related activity today and a full weekend tomorrow, I really don't have anything to show I'm one of 4 teachers for a 5 week beginner class for my guild--we start tomorrow. So after taking an Aleve PM (hip acting up) I slept later than normal and this morning spent checking weather and deciding whether to cancel or just delay an hour--we went with hour delay tomorrow--then we had to contact everyone! I finally got to go into the sewing room and work on sashings and first border for a quilt for a grandniece's graduation. But two of my 3 irons really needed cleaning--Best Press build-p and fusible on the other. I'm still working on the one with fusible stuck on--tried the ironing a dryer sheet and it worked some but just not totally. Trimming the small HST's for the 2nd border tonight in front of TV. Tomorrow all day with beginners and Sunday, around the KC Chief's Football game!!, I'm going to be working on replacing the belt and pulley on my Gammill--hopefully I'll be able to figure it out myself.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:13 PM

I'm just amazed reading through this thread as well as others on the forum about the weather being reported on here. Sound like a pretty active weather system nation wide. Right now with the wind chill it is -18, it has been like that all day, with the day time high in the single numbers and there is snow on it's way for Sunday, so I will get plenty of time at the sewing machine, yah. Today I worked on flannel baby washcloths and burp cloths for our local hospital gift shop after I got back from shopping for flannel for an over sized throw someone ordered from me earlier this week. So I got plenty I can work on this virtual quilting weekend. Thanks for hosting Raggiemom.

Last edited by Quiltah Mama; 01-17-2020 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-17-2020, 07:29 PM

I’m in. Like the other Midwesterners, snow arrived today and winds will pick up tomorrow and temps will go to below zero. Great time to stay in and sew.

I want to get a top done that started with 9 blocks that were in a donation bag. My leader/ender project is a split rail fence. I also need to move boxes around in my storage bedroom and try to find my youngest son’s baptism gown. Fortunately, baby has not arrived yet so I have plenty of time to try to find it. I’m hoping it’s in the tub where I found his baby quilt made by Grandma. . I may serge some burp cloths and make a few receiving blankets from flannel.

Thanks for hosting, Raggiemom.