Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 06-22-2020, 04:58 AM

Beautiful quilt Christy!
We all missed you too Jaba! How to see you in the next one.
Janice, you can always count me in on the next boom.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Christy, your red/blue top is beautiful! All the blocks work together so well. Pretty setting too.

I got my surfer top together yesterday. Thank you everyone who made blocks for this quilt! It took two Booms to complete, 23 and 24, I think.
Attached Thumbnails img_0380.jpg  
Old 06-22-2020, 06:46 AM

Christy boy you are fast and what a great looking patriotic quilt.

Showbiz your dove gray set off your blocks perfectly. I would never have thought to use that color.

Jaba wonderful news that you will be able to join us next swap

Janice August is actually perfect for me. In October we will be heading to check out our new to us home in Texas. I will be able to pre kit all the blocks to bring with me

Hard to believe Charlie is 6 months already

I would like more of the main fabric I used for my blocks but of course I can’t remember where I bought it online so need to do more looking when I go home Wednesday. Faster internet there.

hubby is getting into the swing of retirement and enjoying his days here at the lake. Best of al he has quit asking every hour “ now what are we going to do”
Old 06-22-2020, 08:15 AM

Sewbiz & Christy those are great tops! I haven't had much time in the sewing room but I'm on vacation this week and plan on spending some time there. Also, I would be interested in BOOM 25. Going on a shop hop this week so I'll keep my eyes open for something special!
Old 06-22-2020, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Showbiz your dove gray set off your blocks perfectly. I would never have thought to use that color.

I would like more of the main fabric I used for my blocks but of course I can’t remember where I bought it online so need to do more looking when I go home Wednesday. Faster internet there.
I know you meant to call me "SEWbiz"...

I have seen your fabrics online somewhere. When I see them again I will take note of the website for you. Oh and my fabrics are actually light blue. It's hard to capture some colors accurately on my phone camera!

Glad your hubby is settling into retirement. Sometimes we have to learn how to relax!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 06-22-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:03 AM

I am still waiting for my blocks but hopefully today. The tracking info suggest it might be today. I will have to break social distancing to give our carrier a big hug when they do arrive. I love seeing what everyone here is doing with your blocks. Such pretty layouts and quilt.
Last night the tracking said before 8 pm today. It is already 2 pm. So I have a few more hours to wait.IF not then I will have to wait another day. The excitement is building for today.

Last edited by juliasb; 06-22-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:01 PM

They arrived!!!! Hurrah! My carrier greeted me with a 'package' when he first handed it to me I was ok, because It was not my blocks. That was ok I figured then it would be tomorrow. Then he handed me another package and said, " I know that this is what you have been waiting on/" I told him, "I could kiss you for this!" We both laughed and I came quickly in to open the envelope. The blocks are so much prettier than they look in the pictures. I am so thrilled!. Now I am going to go play "quilt blocks" for the next hour or so. Just like a little kid in the candy shop is how I am feeling.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:24 PM

Juliasb, I’m thrilled your blocks finally arrived! Enjoy playing with them.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:13 AM

Julia so glad your blocks finally arrived.

Sewbiz that darn spell check. Thanks for being on the look for my fabrics. Think I will pick a color for mt lattice and sew them together then wait and hope someone finds the fabric to add for my borders.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

Terri, I think I found your fabrics:
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0565963/q...ic-white-multi
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0565969/q...paisleys-white