Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 04-05-2020, 05:54 AM

Good morning Boomers. I only have a few more to go. Here are my latest for Lum, Annt, and Marcialee
Attached Thumbnails lum.jpg   annt59.jpg   marcialee.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 08:15 AM

I’ve been lurking and looking at all the beautiful blocks. I got furloughed from work at the YMCA early on. We’ ve been sheltering in place for quite a while now and it looks like CA May have been able to flatten the curve so our hospitals will be able to handle the onslaught.

It turns out I could’ve done the boom but my replacement LAF is making wonderful blocks for everyone!
all the blocks are great but traveling gramma I think I like yours best. The fabric is gorgeous and that’s going to be a spectacular quilt.

I’ve been working on quilting my orange and purple boom quilt. I’m also making boomlike blocks for my bonus granddaughters dog quilt. I take out the same library book in audio and ebook format from the library and am going through a book every other day. Listen while I quilt, read at night before bed. I decided not to feel guilty because I return both very quickly.

we’ve been exercising every day and organizing. My sewing room / office. My husband is working on the garage hurrah!
This virus has hit home for us as we have a friend who has been unconscious and on a ventilator for several weeks his wife is at home battling the virus on her own although we drop meals off. Stay safe my boom friends.

how can I insert a photo? The picture button is only letting me do a link, not grab a photo from my iPad
Old 04-05-2020, 11:29 AM

Hi everyone, Feeling much better about the situation now. Doing blocks, walking, yoga and looking forward to the future when the virus is gone.
Maryjo, I've been thinking about you, miss the gym and yoga. I love all the blocks from Christy, Julia, 4 boys, and Janice. I'm glad your feeling better Terri. When I finish my blocks I'll start making masks for the hospital where my son works. Everyone stay well!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:59 PM

Default The last 4 blocks

Hello Fellow Boomers,

I am Just finished the last block. Need to clean up work on a few masks then clean again. I have more packing to finish as we are selling our home as we are building a new one. Reducing my stash and packing is no fun but necessary!

What a wonderful experience doing this. I have learned new things...Never will I make a 4.5 in star block again, way to small of pieces. Technology knocked on my door and with the help from a few of you I figured out how to reduce a picture so I should up load it to this forum. Lastly I learned that sewing at 1am and cutting out blocks is not the best idea. Not very sharp minded at 1am.

My sewing room will remain a sewing room as I need to decompress from work and that is my happy place. Stay healthy, this craziness will pass as we all do our part by staying home and social distancing.

Happy Stitching, ChristyJ
Attached Thumbnails 16-janicemcc.jpg   17-suzisew.jpg   18-travelinggramma.jpg   19-klaws.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-05-2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-05-2020, 02:32 PM

I've been busy today. Here are four more blocks for klaws, bugaroo, macybaby and bibiostone. I enjoyed making all of them! Hope you each like yours. Only one more for me to make, probably next week then it will be time to make a few masks and start quilting some old Boom blocks.

Attached Thumbnails jj-klaws.jpg   jj-bug.jpg   jj-macy.jpg   jj-biblio.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Christy - wow, a 4.5" star block! that's tiny!
MJP - I have enjoyed this boom, and may never have joined if you hadn't dropped out. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope all turns out well.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:10 PM

Default Update on my new project

Thought I'd share my progress. Love the secondary pattern.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1586131691058.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Thought I'd share my progress. Love the secondary pattern.
Oh my goodness, that is spectacular!
Old 04-05-2020, 04:48 PM

Hav4boys,
Wow, just wow. that is awesome!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:19 PM

Hav4boys - awesome - look at those points and would never had thought the other patterns. totally grand