Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 PM

Default Had to share.

My third son Austin asked me to make him a quilt in turquoise, black, and white. I chose the Wyoming star. Here is the first block, 35 more to go.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1585973099208.jpg  
Old 04-04-2020, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
My third son Austin asked me to make him a quilt in turquoise, black, and white. I chose the Wyoming star. Here is the first block, 35 more to go.
Wow, that looks intense! it's going to be gorgeous when you're done (even just in one block, it's gorgeous!)
Old 04-04-2020, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Wow! This is a beautiful block. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. The block is so intense and wham! I love it!!
Old 04-04-2020, 05:24 AM

I just finished the last 3 blocks for the swap.They are for LUM, Macybaby and QuiltLawyer. I have had so many things going on here even with the quarantine that I am so glad I have been able to get right on my blocks. I feel good that they are finished and ready for each of you. Here are the last 3.

Attached Thumbnails lum.jpg   macybaby.jpg   quiltinglawyer.jpg  
Old 04-04-2020, 05:34 AM

Those blocks are gorgeous.
Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I just finished the last 3 blocks for the swap.They are for LUM, Macybaby and QuiltLawyer. I have had so many things going on here even with the quarantine that I am so glad I have been able to get right on my blocks. I feel good that they are finished and ready for each of you. Here are the last 3.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:20 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Just had a lovely experience I wanted to share with you. A neighborhood home-schooled teen was taking his morning walk and playing a portable accordion. I was sitting outside getting some fresh air when I heard the music somewhere, but getting louder and louder and then I saw him in the distance. It was less about the music than about the fact that he took it upon himself to share something like that as he walked the neighborhood. Too bad not that many people heard him because it was a wonderful start to my solitary day. I spoke to him at the end of the driveway and learned more about him, including his name and his other musical skills, all less portable. What a bright spot to an otherwise dreary GA day.

Hav, love the block you made for your son's quilt. It'll be stunning when it's done.I look forward to seeing it. Also yours and Julia's blocks are lovely. Thank you for all your efforts.

Those of you who are done or about to be done, please go ahead and send them to me if you've a mind to as I don't have any real plans to go anywhere, but then who does? Just let me know a few days in advance of shipping just in case something has come up and I've had to run to the cabin. We've still got to maintain that place and will occasionally be gone for a day or two and I hate for packages to arrive when nobody is home.

I've got Bugaroo's and Bibliostone's blocks cut out and on the design wall. I'm fiddling with both of them and may change them. We'll see. That leaves me a handful left to finish but I've got to clean up my sewing area again. I've been pulling fabrics and they are everywhere! What a mess.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, germ free, Saturday. Stay well, Boomers!
Old 04-04-2020, 08:30 AM

Julia its always a good feeling know you finished and accomplished all the blocks - and then realize how much you miss doing just one block at a time.
Hav4boys -its beautiful but there is no way I could do 30 blocks of the same thing. That is why I like this swap so much - each can be different or I can make multiples of the same pattern and they all turn out looking different.
Janice - yes those little surprises. There are a few elementary school children at end of block who have still played outside somewhat together. (no judging) their laughter always brings me a smile. this morning two were in their treehouse looking and talking to the two in their backyard!
Today is sunny and 58 so will be outside until wind picks up. Really wanted to go kayaking but was a late morning start!
Have a great Saturday
Old 04-04-2020, 11:13 AM

H4b wow that quilt is going to be stunning.

Janice what a lovely way to start the morning.

I started sewing Thursday evening bu have been making masks for friends who are high risk who live by the lake. Since we were picking up our meat out there this morning they all had to be be ready to go then. Went from sitting in my chair to full blown sewing mode in minutes. Was able to cut the front strips with my accuquilt Go. That helped tremendously. Today will be recovery mode. Might even be able to sew a boom block. Janice my sewing room really needs to be picked up also, I have so many fabrics sitting out that I was trying to chose from. They have to be put away b4 I can do anything
Old 04-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on finishing your lovely blocks, Julia... and yes, you will miss your block making. I sure do! My work area is never so messy as when I'm making Boom blocks, with stuff pulled from here and there. I don't miss that part, but I miss playing with everyone's fabrics and finding the right blocks to show them off.

Hav, that's a striking block for your son's quilt. If you burn out before you hit 30, you could place them alternately with solid fabric. Just an idea for a fall-back plan.

Janice, in times like these we really appreciate the small blessings, like the boy walking and playing his accordion. Very nice of him to share his talent with others stuck in their homes.

Hang in there, everyone. Let's count our blessings.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:28 PM

I love all my blocks you ladies have made for me. My partner and I have taken a break from blocks to make mask. We posted free mask to anyone and boy have we been busy. We sent out over 250 in 2 weeks. We have a few ahead now so we are making a couple more blocks today.
Hope everyone is safe.