Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18*** >

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Boom 24 - Signups now open thru 2/18***

Old 02-22-2020, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

I am trying to get mine sent! First, my printer went out... so I had to wait til I could get another one. Now I'm in the process of setting it up. When it finally finishes I hope I can print my label and still get it in the box for today's pickup!
Old 02-22-2020, 12:04 PM

Givio I do have a passport but we plan on buying a winter place in Texas and walking across the bridge to Mexico. I have a tendency to loose things and would prefer not to loose my passport. When I receive a copy of my marriage certificate I will take care of the enhanced license at the license bureau by our summer camper it’s in a small town and have never seen more then 3 other people in the place at one time.

Just so glad I don’t work for the DMV, feel so sorry for those poor people
Old 02-22-2020, 01:56 PM
lum

I'm getting my fabric ready.... hope the picture works.
Attached Thumbnails img_20200222_130340-2-.jpg  
Old 02-22-2020, 06:31 PM

Happy Birthday Janice! Hope you have a great weekend with your little one!
Old 02-22-2020, 07:02 PM

Enjoy your day Janice.

Folks, I’m going to have to withdraw from the boom. I was naive about the amount of work that has to be done after a death. That in addition to the three sets of taxes I’m committed to doing in addition to my workload made the decision obvious.

Unfortunately, I checked with Janice and there is no one on the wait list.
thank you for your forbearance. While you are quilting I’ll be doing taxes. I’ll be lurking to see all the gorgeous blocks.
MJPencinitas.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:17 AM

Just posting an update about my surgery which was Thursday. Everything went fine ... for the most part ... but boy did I seriously, seriously underestimate the amount of pain I'd be in. They say laparascopic surgery is so much easier, but my "female surgery" back in 2004 was a breeze compared to this, and it was done the "old fashioned" way. Whew. Somehow during the surgery, they scratched my corneas. Nobody seems to know how it happened. Grrr. I woke up in the recovery room with both my eyes and my tummy very unhappy. My eyes are better now, but I'm still so sore I can barely move. They gave me a "block" in my tummy to help with pain, and most of my skin is numb to the touch. I'm surprised it hasn't started wearing off, but I'm definitely not complaining. I'd probably be that much more miserable without it. I'm also dragging a drain pump around with me that DH has to measure and empty every so often. Yuck. He's been taking good care of me. Bad thing is, he has to go back to work tomorrow, so I'll have to manage everything myself. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure. So much for bouncing right back! (Pardon any typos or things that don't make sense. Pain meds knock me for a loop.)

Edited to add: After all the pre-op testing and same-day testing they did, they said I'm in "remarkably good health". So at least that's one good thing!

Last edited by moonrise; 02-23-2020 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:17 AM

Moonrise, sorry you are in so much pain. Hope it is under control quickly.

Lum love your butterfly fabric

MJP we will miss you

Janice Happy belated Birthday
Old 02-23-2020, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Moonrise, sorry about all the pain! At least the surgery is behind you now and you can feel better day by day, I hope.

Happy Birthday, Janice!

MJP, so sorry you have to drop out of the Boom, but maybe the next time we do it, the timing will work out better for you. Good luck with all the taxes and forms...

Pretty fabric, Lum. Very Springlike.

My fabric package is being dropped off at the post office this morning. It probably won't move until tomorrow (Monday), but at least they will have it. Can't wait to get started on this swap!
Old 02-23-2020, 02:18 PM

I am on pins and needles in anticipation of this swap. I am looking at a quilt on the floor right now that I hope to have wrapped up before I start making blocks for this swap. I want to get the boom 23 blocks made up too before to long too. I do have a plan on putting together that quilt before to long. I want it for the summer with all those beachy colors.

Moonrise, I do hope you are feeling better each day.
Janice I do hope you had a very happy and blessed birthday
Lum your flutterbies are so pretty

The fabric choices I am seeing this time around are so pretty and spring like and bright. This will be fun to build upon. So looking forward to this swap.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:28 PM

I picked my fabric, washed, pressed, and cut. Now to bag it.
Attached Thumbnails boom-24-fabric.jpg