Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Old 02-14-2020, 08:50 AM

I definitely want to do something quilty this weekend. I turned in my churn dash quilt for the humane society auction, so now I should start the tshirt quilt requested by the daughter of a dear friend. Or I might start a temperture quilt. The national modern guild is going to collect some next year for a special exhibit at Quiltcon.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:22 AM

I'm in. I haven't done much in the sewing room since my accident Nov 26, so I have plenty to do. I think I will start my granddaughter's baby quilt now that I know she's having a boy. Not my choice of fabrics, but it's fun to please her so I'll live with it. I may start my first block of my next military quilt to see if I like it. I'm thinking of mixing RWB and scrappy.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:29 AM

I'm hoping I can dip my head into my sewing room this weekend, I probably haven't sewn since the last one! Won't have Monday off (yay corporate life), and some other distractions going on, but I've much to do. Finishing the old, and starting the wool felt BOM "Chirp"! No pictures for that due to the 'media ban' for the project, but hoping to at least get parts sorted and organized. If I make any inroads at all I'll be happy.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:14 AM

Quiltingshorttimer, congrats to everyone and enjoy this weekend!

I'm in - need to work on DGD's quilt for college graduation in May. I want to finish the borders, make backing and binding, get the batting ready and quilt it. This is the second time I have made this quilt. DGD loves mine so much, it's a perfect gift for her (her mother said I could give it to her for anything). My DGS#1 (her older brother) saw it and said "Wow!" and stood there with his mouth open. I talked to his wife and he had told her all about it and really liked it and she does too so I'm making a third one and have to have it ready for May too. He has his bachelor's degree and graduates in May with his RN degree. Tried but system won't let me post a picture of the top. Will try later.

Last edited by Cam's gram; 02-14-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:02 AM

Sharing the last stitch dance here, just finished and posted my "South Seattle Frolic" top in the Bonnie Hunter Mystery thread.

Bonnie Hunter's 2019-2020 Frolic Mystery

Whew! Feels good to get that off the design space and (sadly) into the quilt tops waiting for quilting stack. Not going to get bummed out with the size of that stack right now, it's time to celebrate a top completion
Old 02-14-2020, 11:42 AM

Took a break and got it to work! Here's the top before borders.

20200113_103814.jpg
Old 02-14-2020, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

Wow! Cam's Gram! It's gorgeous.

I will lurk this weekend and possibly show anything I make progress on. Kinda lost my quilting mojo because I've been crocheting toys and a blanket for the grand girls.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:23 PM

Today I finished the February blocks for the 2020 Color challenge.

I also started to sandwich the New Years Day Merry Mayhem quilt. I’d love to get it done this weekend.

If there is time, I’d like to finish the border on a quilt I’m making for my sister.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:30 PM

That is a "Wow!" kind of quilt, Cam's Gram! Hopefully you enjoyed making it the first time?
Old 02-14-2020, 02:25 PM

Your quilt looks great!

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Happy Valentine's Day! I just finished the veteran's quilt that I was working on last VQW. So I hope to get the quilting done on it this weekend. But I also need to work on collecting all the info for taxes. sigh...
Here's the vet quilt.