Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Deal or no deal >

Deal or no deal

Deal or no deal

Old 02-25-2020, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

congrats on your acquisitions
Old 02-25-2020, 04:48 AM

I'd pass, 1000 fat quarters is a lot and probably took the lady years to collect. They might have permanent fold lines in them, and perhaps dry rot. Fabric patterns may not be something you like. If you make a lot of scrap quilts and are a risk taker you might consider buying them. $300. is a lot of money for something you may or may not like.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Mazo- 9 years old isn't very old for fabrics. I'm sure most of us with a stash have some like that. I certainly do.
So happy for you! Sounds like you got a great deal. Please post pics so we can all drool !!!
Oh- I happen to love fat quarters. I buy them a lot.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:51 AM

What fun! I'm sure you'll find many gems (and hopefully not much dross). Just going through it would be great. We're all awaiting vicariously enjoying your haul once you post pictures. : )
Old 02-25-2020, 07:10 AM

I was totally shocked when so many members said they would pass. I would have jumped on it. I'm glad you did and enjoy all that fabric!
Old 02-25-2020, 07:33 AM

If I were in your position--just building my stash--I would jump on it! I probably would anyway and sort through to keep the ones I like, offer others to friends and donate the rest.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:33 AM

You got an awesome deal, contrats!!
Old 02-25-2020, 08:44 AM

I’d go for it and it sounds like u did congratulations on the score they thru in some bargains besides so u got it for nothing when u figure he batting n anitas designs
welcome to the board and hope u enjoy ur stash

i did the same thing finding fat qtrs for literally nothing I took what I wanted gave my sister the rest n told her what she didn’t want to take to her guild they regularly have drawings for fabric patterns tools books etc
Old 02-29-2020, 01:34 PM

Definitely worth it. I bought a dvd cabinet on Marketplace for $30. I've gone through about 1/3 of everything and loving going through it all. Realistically, I'll need to figure out what to do with some (maybe a lot) of it, but will keep it around for a little while till I figure out which are my favorites. I'm planning to get one more cabinet. Some pieces were just scrap but there were plenty in there that were much larger than a fat quarter so there's lots of possibilities. Also found a family tree panel and moda from '07 maybe. Do people sell quilt kits using Accuquilt, I'm wondering? If so, that might be a way for me to recoup some of the money I spent so far and get a new toy
Attached Thumbnails fabric2.jpeg   fabric.jpeg  
Old 02-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Mazo- that looks so nice!
There are sellers on Ebay who sell things like charm packs that they cut with an Accuquilt cutter. I've seen them and they seem to sell well.